South West England - Cornwall

BabyBubble

Reaction score
Hi all, was just wondering if there is anyone from the south west who has had a homebirth?
What sort of care did you receieve from MW.

Due to meet mine this week so will be interested to know if it will be possible for me.

I have a serious dislike for hospitals and I just know the thought of having to go to the hospital will do nothing but totally stress me out.

Still convincing hubby of the pro's getting there slowly.

Sorry you haven't found anyone in Cornwall to tell you their experiences yet.

But you could also have a look at https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/ To see how the south west and cornwall are doing in terms of their statiscs for home birth and interventions rates from the health commision statistics for last year.

you could also get in touch with Alice Kirby who is https://www.cornwalldoula.com/doula.html

She runs a homebirth support group down there with an independent MW :)

I was going to have a homebirth and when i told my mw she was very supportive and looking forward to it!

I decided in the end to go to Penrice birth centre though as my DH was nervous about being at home and also i wanted a water birth but couldn't really afford to buy one.

I have to say it was the next best thing to being at home and nothing like Treliske. If you want to know anything about it feel free to ask! They made is such a nice a experience and i would love to go back there again when i have another one :)

I am booked for a home birth. My MW is highly supportive despite the fact that I had odema and hypertension in my last pregnancy meaning I had to go in to Treliske.

Depending on where you are in Cornwall, you will probably find that the community midwives are generally pro home birth and quite used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->