Soy iso question...

mrsthomas623

MommyToNolanAndPregnant!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

DH and I have been NTNP since Nolan was about 4 months or so, I was getting a bit disappointed with not getting pregnant yet, so decided to get some cheapie OPKs and did them last month and never got a positive. (Had tried these when Nolan was 5 months and didnt get a positive but though maybe it was too early after giving birth.)

Long story short, in the first 3 months after Nolan's birth, I put on 35 lbs :blush: from postpartum depression. I am assuming that the quick weight gain has messed with ovulation... so basically I am wondering if soy iso's will kick start it again for me. I am joining our local weight watchers this Saturday but really don't want to wait to give Nolan a brother or sister. :haha:

Any experiences or advice would be awesome!

I don't know if they will help for you but I have decided to take them next cycle myself if this one doesn't work.

I don't know if they will help for you but I have decided to take them next cycle myself if this one doesn't work.

Yeah, I figure they are worth a try before setting up appointments with the doctor... :thumbup:

It's worth a shot! My SIL said opks just don't work for some people...or maybe you're testing at the wrong time...are you doing it twice a day? are you charting? I'm starting soy next cycle if this one ends with AF.

I don't ovulate when I'm on the 'heavier' side, so I took SOY and I ovulated each cycle I took it :thumbup: It's definitely worth a shot - good luck

Do you temp? I ovulate regularly and NEVER get a positive OPK.

It's worth a shot! My SIL said opks just don't work for some people...or maybe you're testing at the wrong time...are you doing it twice a day? are you charting? I'm starting soy next cycle if this one ends with AF.

I only did it once a day... but for the whole month and never saw any change. And I don't chart, Nolan keeps be pretty busy night and day :haha: He still wakes several times a night so temping won't work.

I don't ovulate when I'm on the 'heavier' side, so I took SOY and I ovulated each cycle I took it :thumbup: It's definitely worth a shot - good luck

Thanks! Gives me some hope!!:thumbup:

Do you temp? I ovulate regularly and NEVER get a positive OPK.

No, temping isn't really an option since Nolan still has me up a few times a night. We tried for 4 months for Nolan with only guesstimating ovualtion. The 5 month, I tried OPK, got a strong positive and got pregnant that cycle. That is why I am assuming my weight gain has messed with ovulation. Definitely going to give soy a try next time and see if I get a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->