Soy iso

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I have been Googling how to delay ovulation and this keeps poppping up.
I was thinking since I have a thin lining, perhaps if ovulation was a little later it may give me more time to build a decent lining, does soy do this? It's confusing and conflicting information online.
If it doesn't do this, anyone know what can? Or even if delaying ovulation would help ... :shrug:

Hmmm... weird that it delays O when I use it just to O, because I rarely O without it. Are you planning on taking it every day or something?
I do that CD 5-9 thing to induce ovulation and usually ovulate CD 22 ish on it. However, that is a ’short’ length for me when my cycles are more predictable. Didn’t want to read and run though! Sorry I’m no help.

Yeah I read a lot how it's like the natural form of Clomid or something, that it's mostly used to induce ovulation. Some I have read says don't touch it if you regularly ovulate, some I have read says it won't do any harm. I think perhaps Google became confused and thought I really wanted to know how to bring ovulation forward and shorten my cycles rather than the opposite.
I just feel with a thin lining, if I ovulated a few days later perhaps those extra few days of oestrogen would help thicken it more. But I keep finding posts about this instead.
If I tried it I wouldn't use it every day because apparently this can screw your cycle up, so I'd use it CD3-CD7 which seems like a happy medium. But I don't know if I will try it. It's good to read of those who have regular cycles and ovulate fine who have used it and have been successful first time, but I'm quite wary of trying different things I haven't tried before

Anyone else? Anyone use this when they already ovulate regularly and have a success story ... or a horror story ... they care to share? I'm on CD1 today so trying to make up my mind! More concerned about undesirable side effects than anything else ... and any interactions with things like EPO or any other supplement

Ok ... anyone take soy with diazepam? I have Googled and haven't found anything to say they interact. I found some info that taking soy can affect drugs broken down by the liver, which diazepam is, but it doesn't say it's dangerous just that it could increase the effects of that medication, but still if there's anyone who has taken both or knows anything more or different then I'd appreciate hearing :)

It's used to induce ovulation not delay it, worked wonders for me and regulated my cycle. I went from having erattic, long cycles to ovulating each month on cd17. I did always ovulate anyways but sometimes it could be on day 30odd. My longest cycle wad over 100 days.l but that only happened once. Generally they were between 5 and 6 weeks long.
I fell pregnant on every cycle I used it. It's also said to improve egg quality.

Also, I had really strong, painful ovulation when I took it, that was the only side effect I had. I would recommend 'Natures Best' Soy Iso.

Thanks :) I ordered Nature's Aid, seem to have mostly good reviews. I'm sure you know from the many threads I've made that my cycles are quite average length and I always ovulate :blush: but for some reason it popped up when Googling how to delay ovulation and I did find some with regular cycles who did experience it delaying ovulation by a few days. My theory was that also producing a stronger egg, it could potentially help me build a thicker lining by encouraging oestrogen production and possibly giving more time between when using it to ovulation.
Unsure of possible interactions, herbal and otherwise though, so will take a list of everything to Boots pharmacy tomorrow to ask them ... they'll love me lol

I take them with quite a few things. I haven’t had any interactions thus far. I always try to do research too but finding proof or studies with natural products is hard, so I also ask people who have done it. I take it with EPO, Maca, Royal Jelly, and my OvaBoost. I know you can’t take it with Vitex. I’m not sure if it would be okay to skip Vitex the 5 days you take soy. I just stopped Vitex all together just in case.

Yeah I heard that about vitex too. I also saw a few people saying they used both together because they weren't aware of that. I think they cancel each other out?
Double checked with the pharmacist at Boots as I couldn't find it interacted with anything I'm already using online myself, aside from possibly diazepam, but pharmacist said it doesn't. The info I read was really vague, it just said anything processed by the liver may interact - may make it work more or less.
What I decided to do though was try the soy on the lowest dose because I know I ovulate on my own each cycle, but I was also told by the sonographer that I had something like five follicles, I think on each side, which seems low in comparison to other people/info I have read about. So perhaps it will help with a really good quality mature egg. I also decided, because I seem to be taking a load of things, to take some things after the soy instead of everything all at once. So I will use EPO after I finish soy, keep taking vitamins all the time, then use fertility tea and pomegranate juice once af has completely gone away as it just seems a waste when it's aimed at thickening my lining.
I don't want to speak too soon and *touch wood* I'm not, but I feel quite different. In a positive way. Mentally I feel less foggy, my headache has gone (I usually have headaches at this part of my cycle, usually daily and paracetamol doesn't do much), and I feel a little brighter and less sluggish. It could be in my imagination, but the thing is is that I always worry about trying new things and it always causes me anxiety. I have anxiety anyway more so before my lp, but I was expecting it to be constant rather than sticking to it's usual routine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->