soy isoflavens.....safe???

crazy84

Mommy to 3
Reaction score
This has only been my first cycle since the mirena so I realize that it is a bit early to be thinking about Jump starting my body... but I thought if they are safe it might not hurt and I might get my body back into whack sooner than later.... any opinions on soy ISO??? Any opinions on if it is a bad idea to try so soon??? Thanks in advance...

Hi!! Popping over from 3rd tri doing some research for a friend- I took soy for the first time in the cycle I got pregnant. Im not sure if your looking to start your period buy taking them? They're supposed to be taken during certain days of your cycle so I'm not sure how it'd work to start your period. I have read of it working for some ladies tho -

Thank you so much for your reply!! I have my period....I even had it regularly with mirena.... I am just wanting to see if it helps with my ovulating.... I read somewhere it can also better the quality of your eggs.... not sure how true t is... but I figure..heck...its worth a try as long as it doesn't do harm! :)

I got prego first cycle using it so I don't think it'll hurt :)

Yes and no. For some women, it throws their cycles completely off and delays ovulation. I know that others have posted a lot of links to studies that say that it causes birth defects. A better idea would probably be to start charting so you can figure out when/if you are ovulating and work on your BD timing. If your cycles are regular and you are ovulating, I wouldn't risk throwing that off!

Yes and no. For some women, it throws their cycles completely off and delays ovulation. I know that others have posted a lot of links to studies that say that it causes birth defects. A better idea would probably be to start charting so you can figure out when/if you are ovulating and work on your BD timing. If your cycles are regular and you are ovulating, I wouldn't risk throwing that off!

I read that it only causes birth defects if taken during pregnancy. She would only take it for 5 days during CD 3-7 or somewhere close to that.

True, but because over time it actually *lowers* your fertility, you may be doing more harm than good. Also keep in mind that you don't know how long it stays in your system.

I guess I was thinking that it may be more useful for her to figure out if she was ovulating or not before taking supplements that could further throw off her cycle and make things worse.

That's why the suggest not to take it more than 3 cycles in a row.

My baby boy is perfectly healthy and he's a SI baby :)

Because my O has always been screwy and short luteal phases, after reading up on Soy, im willing to give it a ago.
im CD1 today so i am looking at starting CD2 or 3.

WHEN should you take soy?
You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9.
If you take soy Isoflavones during the later time bracket, for example CD 5-9, you shall strengthen the egg that has already started growing producing a healthier egg. The earlier in your cycle you take It, the higher your chance of releasing multiple eggs but these eggs will not be as mature as the eggs grown from taking Soy later.�
A lot of women will choose the middle cycle (3 -7) allowing time for a strong and healthy egg to develop without erasing the chance of a second egg being developed and released.

1-5 = You produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = You produce more eggs than usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be a lot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured alot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

What DOSAGE should you take?
The dose is really�up to you but you should always use the lowest amount that works for you.
With Clomid the starting dose is 50mg. Soy Isoflavones are said to be half the strength of Clomid, so it makes sense for the starting dose to be 100mg.
The trouble with 100mg of soy is that the capsules tend to come as 40mg. So you have a choice of starting at 80mg or 120mg.

I would recommend that if you know that you do ovulate without taking soy then you should start with 80mg.
And if you know that you don't usually ovulate you can start with 120mg.
Some women change the dose on different days. So they may start at 120mg for the first 3 days then give an extra boost for the last 2 days with 160mg.�

Use the lowest dose possible for yourself. It is said that it takes 3months to get the full benefits of what you are taking. NEVER EXCEED 200mg/day.

I did 120mg of soy iso on days 3-7 and it did nothing for me, but I dont ovulate on my own. Hopefully it does the trick for you!
:dust:

Thank you ladies for the info!
In all honesty i cant wait to get trying. i have new thermometer coming aswell as more opk's, so hopefully i can only try anything i can.
Hubby is great and very supportive and he just likes any excuse to get down and dirty lol.

Quick question though, i know i do ovulate but it can be very late on, which sometimes leaves me with very short LP. Which dosage do you suggest?

I ovulate regularly but took soy last cycle, for a boost. i wasnt happy as it delayed my O by a good few days

All this info is so good!! Thanks ladies.... Frankie83 let me know how you decide to go with the soy... I still have a few days to a week before I start...even though I have felt like it all week. Lol so we should be close in our cycles!!

I dont ovulate on my own but clearly did the cycle i used soy :)
Franki i would suggest CD 1-5 or 2-6 since it bring forward O. Start with a smaller dose, like 80mg for the first 3 days then increase the last two days

CD2, soy bought from tesco in 40mg tablets, gonna take first dose tonight before bed :)

Loving this thread going to use this next cycle.
Going to start day 2 using 80, when do I increase it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->