Soya Isoflavone Question!

Gaige

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked a million times but I recently bought Soya Isoflavones from Holland and Barrett (https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/s...ett-soya-isoflavones-capsules-750mg/-60000005) and from what I've read the dose is usually only something like 200mg.
However the ones I have are 750mg so is this too much? Should I still take them when AF finally arrives or are they too strong?

Sorry if this is a really daft thing to ask but I've not used them before!

Thank you :D

Way too strong, you don't take over 200mg a day I believe. Taking too high a dose causes your body to produce larger amounts of estrogen, it will throw your hormones way out.

And if you find weaker ones, you take for 5 days only usually 2-6 or 3-7 CD.

HI Gaige if you look on the side of the tub on the holland and Barretts one it says they actually contain 23mg of soy isoflavones per tablet. So you would take however many of them you want eg 6 x 23 = 138mg total. I O anyway and took the HOlland and Barrett ones for 3 months and they do seem to give a much stronger O. The first month I got PG but was a chem, the second month didn't get PG and then third month -I got PG but it in ended in a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. Im blessed with 3 LO's already and I'm almost 43 so my issue is likely an issue of egg quality rather than anythign else. I don't think the soy caused the mc's as I also had a chem in December 13 and March 14 so I think I'm quite fertilel I just need to catch a good egg. I took quite a high dose straight off (started at 160 and built to 200 by 5th day) as I didn't want to mess around and waste time but upon reflection I probably didn 't need to take such a hig dose as I O anyway -- I found by the fifth day I was getting mild heart palpitations at the high dose (even though I took them just before bed) so would advise to start at the lowest dose you can. I started bleeding from mmc on 15 August and waiting for next AF and am having a break from soy at the moment but would try them again at the lower dose to see if I can catch that good egg. Hope this helps - good luck & hope you get success from them if you decide to take them Sunshine x

Ah, Sunshine you are a star - thank you!!
When AF finally decides to show up I shall start taking them slowly and build up.

If I do not get my bfp this month (currently 6dpo), I plan on trying soy iso. I read that 80mg=50mg of clomid. Can anyone verify this? Clomid really messed me up (mood-wise), so I'm really interested in trying out nature's "version".

I think it is more along the lines of 100-50 mg. Yes it works in a similar way of fooling your body's estrogen into providing a lot more then normal while you are taking it, however it isn't as targeted as clomid, which was designed specifically. Soy iso isn't as targeted, so it isn't as effective, it requires a larger dose, and may still have side effects.

I used soy iso when we tried for dd2 as I have pcos and don't ovulate, first month I tried them and I got pregnant with dd2 they are amazing, I did cd 2-6 and used 200mg I will admit I had some seriously tense ovulation pains, I will Defford be useing them when we are ready to try for baby number 3

Anyone experienced with accidentally taking too high a dose. I took days 4 and 5 together last night by mistake.

If you have taken too high of a dose your ovulation may be delayed or not come at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->