Spa Dilemma

HPMINI

Reaction score
I have a slight spa dilemma!
I might be thinking too much but I am trying to be positive this month!
AF is due on about 25th September. It's possible if they have space that I might be visiting a spa with my sister on 26th September.
My sister is 20 weeks pregnant and has been advised not to use the spa pools as this is not good for baby.
If AF doesn't arrive at the weekend and I go to the spa on Monday, obviously I don't want to announce I could be pregnant so I'm not going to use the jacuzzi but at the same time if it will do harm at an early stage then hmmm.
However, I do keep thinking about all the things women still do when they don't know they are in the early stages of pregnancy.
Do you think it can cause harm at a very early stage and should I worry about it?
To be fair I am trying to be really positive because there's no reason not to be but AF might catch me this weekend and I'll be worrying about nothing!

Oh I have this problem all the time. Our gym has a jacuzzi and sauna and I never know if I should avoid it or go ahead. I think the key is don´t raise your body temp too high, so steam rooms and saunas are no good, although I really doubt a quick sit just to warm you through would do any harm. As for the jacuzzi, I find it hard to imagine that a five min sit during tww will do anything, our bodies are pretty good at protecting the fetus, and during the tww we are talking about a ball of cells deep inside you. But someone else may say different. I used to worry more, now I just presume i´m not and get on with life, it has been too long to put everything on hold for ever.

Yep I totally agree with Natsby - you cannot put your life on hold it will drive you slowly insane. I say whatever you do do it in moderation!! Good luck and have fun at the spa:hugs:

As long as you avoid becoming overheated I think it should be fine. I would stay out of the sauna and steam room. But I wouldn't worry about the jacuzzi, just don't stay in it for too long and get out if you feel yourself getting overheated.

Thanks all. Fortunately I'm not too keen on the sauna and steam room. I know some people love them but can take or leave them.
I definitely would drive myself nuts putting life on hold. I don't do drinking or smoking but there are some things you can't stop doing without good reason!
So as my sister will be taking up a lounger and the swimming pool at least I'm not being watched at what I do so I can be as cautious as I like!
Fingers crossed that cautious is worth it! Also AF is a pain when you are trying to relax at the spa!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->