Sparklebug birth story......................

SparkleBug

Reaction score
Well hes here, Joseph Michael weighing 9lbs 6oz born monday night! He is just adorable and we are so happy!! :happydance::cloud9:

As most of you know from previous threads, i thought i was leaking urine for a good week or so and it turned out my waters were actually broken and leaking very slowly. I ended up going in to check it out after much encouragement on and off here and being strep b carrier, they wanted to induce immediately which was about 10pm Sunday night. I was given a gel and left for 6 hrs to dilate. After 6 hrs i was finally dilating enough to be put on a drip to induce contractions and managed to a few hrs before gas and air, and quite shortly after, an epidural which was heaven. There ended up being a shift change of midwives of course, and i have to say i ended up with the nicest midwife same age as me who made my experience amazing! :kiss:

When i got to pushing my midwife had left and i had another new midwife so i was stressing a little as we were now to the crux and another strange face had appeared. I pushed for about 40 mins with no progress. I pushed for another hour and still no progress. They decided to involve the consultants and it turned out i needed forceps and an episiotomy :nope: which i wasnt thrilled about but after 22 odd hrs of labour i was exhausted pushing on my own.

I was given a considerable top up to my epidural and on we went. 5 pushes later he was out! Only thing is he had cord wrapped around neck and was a little floppy after delivery. He was fine tho. My little teddy bear wAs so worth it. For those new to labour, it was a scary thought but not half as bad as i thot itd be and id do it for him again so fear not!

Good luck to all the ladies here and thank u eveyone who has helped and supported me these past months! :hugs: xx

Congratulations :flower: Thank you for posting your story, I find comfort in them the closer I get.

Congratulations! So glad it went well and you got yourself to hospital :) your story makes me feel a lot more positive about being a GBS carrier. Enjoy your little boy x

Congrats darling bet he's beautiful! Enjoy ur little man xx

I loved your story..... thank you! I am not expecting a walk in the park, but it is nice to hear how it is all worth it. I will be a vbac and so it makes me nervous to hear too many traumatic birth stories, but I want to do what is natural.

Congratulations on the birth of your little one!

Congratulations! Well done for getting through assisted delivery, glad it wasn't too bad for you. Can't wait for pics : D xx

Congratulations on the arrival of Joseph! Hope you are all well!

I keep thinking I've broke my waters but when I put a pad on its dry. Xx

Congrats on your little bundle of joy! I am so happy for you hun! :hugs:

Congrats

Thank u for sharing ur story. Wish u all the luck with ur newborn :)

been waiting to read this for a few days, congratualtions on your little blue bundle, so very very pleased for you.

now grinning like an idiot!

try and get as much rest as you can hun and enjoy those newborn cuddles

ahh congrats! this is a similar story to my first experience :)

awwwww congratz hon cannot wait to see LO ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->