Sparkling water instead of still?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I used to drink around 2 liters of still water prior to pregnancy. But now that ms is settling in quite nicely, I find I can no longer drink still water as it makes me feel worse. Sparkling water gives me a temporary relief and I could drink it all day. Is it safe to drink it in the same quantities as still water? will it make me bloated or gassy (haven't properly realized this yet)?

I find I have to avoid fizzy drinks since becoming pg as it gives me gas. But that doesn't mean you will. I would try it and see as i wouldn't imagine it will cause any harm, just might give you gas.

Worst case scenario is it makes you gassy. I think it's worth a shot, it's not like gas is permanent!

Fizzy water is totally fine. I much prefer it to still water. It's really no different, there's no sugar or anything, just a bit of carbon dioxide to make it fizz. I would suggest buying the cheapo stuff though (I get Tesco Value!), because the more expensive mineral waters can be quite high in sodium.

Yes I found this too! I was also able to stomach juice mixed with fizzy water, and sometimes drinks like 7up or Sprite, though in small quantities as they aren't exactly good for you! Drink as much fizzy water as you like :] xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->