spd..can some one explain please?

pipsbabybean

Reaction score
can someone who suffers from it , explain whats its like?
how it started? how u felt?

out of curiosity really but today ive had pains in my groin area like stitch..
quite sure its not contractions :blush:

its pain in the joints of the pelvis so normally in the pubic both either centrally or at either end,

Ive got pains mainly in my pubic bone, lower back and when sitting down at work or the bus - my bum! Its not fun and with me it started really early. I saw the physio at 16 weeks and once again, in a one to one, last week where i got fitted wth a bump belt and got cructhes for when i have to walk a bit (as dont drive).

Having said that, ive got good days and bad days :)

I've had this really bad the last week or so,did mention it to MW but she didn't really say much.my pubic bone/area feels like I've torn all the muscles,and in my groin,makes it impossible to walk any distance.
I'm due in 2 weeks so haven't bothered to contact doc or MW.
Having this won't affect the labour will it?

Mine is pain around my pubic bone, feels like its been punched. Sore hips, feeling like my hips are being pushed apart, lower back pain - like seriously sharp intense pain. Not able to walk much or open my legs/part my knees.
pushing something with one leg is mega sore on my pubic bone area.

Yep, that's me too Gills (except the hip pain). Often get very stiff too when getting up and moving..

I have pain in my pubic bone, hips and lower back, when I sleep I become stiff and upon moving my pelvis grinds/clicks. This also happens in my lower back when I have been walking for some time. Parting my legs is painful, and anything involving one legged activity I cannot do. (So putting socks on is a definite no no and I have to dress myself sitting down while I put my pants on :haha:)

Surprisingly, now that baby has started dropping it has become a lot easier to manage, which my physio lady has said can happen as baby's head can act as a "splint".

My physio advised SPD won't affect labour at all and baby wont get stuck - so try not to worry hun! :hugs:

thanks so much ladies, im not sure if my pain sounds like it or not

does the pain stay when u sit?
im really only getting by my left hip.. stabbing achy pain

It sounds more like ligament pain to me. A sharp stabbing pain from hip to fanny area? If its spd it will be right in the middle of the front of your fanny! lol

Try moving slowly when you notice the pain and shift from one side to the other to help relax it.If its really bad then pop a hot water bottle on it!

I had it the first time with my son. Came in maybe the last two months. The pain was mostly in my hips, they felt like they were at the point of dislocating but wouldn't fully do it. At night I couldn't roll over without being in excruciating pain and I needed help with things that I had to do to bend over. I also heard my pelvis clicking all the time. It came back this pregnancy at about 5 months and is like 3 times worse. I can barely walk without feeling like I am going to dismember, bones are always clicking, almost constant pain. I feel like my hips are broke and my spine isn't aligned right. It really sucks but I know it will end soon.

Mine started in the right hand side of my groin, just at the side of where my leg joint is (If you get me), felt like I was being stabbed with a red hot knife. I thought it was just my pelvis spreading out, but then it got worse and I ended up doubled over like an old lady after sitting down and I couldn't walk further than the end of the garden path without nearly collapsing from pain.

I mentioned it to my MW at 34 weeks and she got my into see a physio the same week. I've now got two support belts to wear and she's asked if I need crutches.

Don't put it off, even if you are close to your DD as my physio told me that it is pretty much essential that you see them, It doesn't just go away on it's own. And quite frankly, once my physio had clicked my back and legs around for a bit (no idea of technicalities!!! :haha: ) It was like heaven!

I hope you all feel better soon, :hugs: xxx

Mine started in the right hand side of my groin, just at the side of where my leg joint is (If you get me), felt like I was being stabbed with a red hot knife. I thought it was just my pelvis spreading out, but then it got worse and I ended up doubled over like an old lady after sitting down and I couldn't walk further than the end of the garden path without nearly collapsing from pain.

I mentioned it to my MW at 34 weeks and she got my into see a physio the same week. I've now got two support belts to wear and she's asked if I need crutches.

Don't put it off, even if you are close to your DD as my physio told me that it is pretty much essential that you see them, It doesn't just go away on it's own. And quite frankly, once my physio had clicked my back and legs around for a bit (no idea of technicalities!!! :haha: ) It was like heaven!

I hope you all feel better soon, :hugs: xxx

thanks hun. im off to see the mw today so hopefully will sort something x

i had physio last week which confirmed it for me but i have had SPD throughout my whole pregnancy....i get a stitch like stabbing pain where i would have thought my appendix is but it can be both sides, i thought at first it was a muscular problem but the physiotherapist said otherwise....sometimes its so bad i cant move positions and has literally had me crying in pain stuck on the bed or sofa (OH thought i was in labour) other times its just a constant dull ache that makes it difficult to move around, i also get pain in my back and sometimes my hips.

i cant wear the support bands as they seem to cause me more pain. was never offered crutches either just told about some exercises and told not to do too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->