SPD/Hip pain...with a toddler

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
So all my dreams of working whilst pregnant have officially gone out the window. For various reasons my only job option is a warehouse job that involves a lot of physical activity 10+ hours per day. I was wary at the beginning of my pregnancy due to my crippling SPD last time around. With my daughter it was already horrible at 19 weeks and just stayed awful, I was honestly almost immobile. This time my hips have been aching but nothing awful, more than anything it's a weird new pain where I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch. However the last few days I can tell the SPD has finally kicked in. It's awful. It went from 0-60 in just a couple of days. I'm having trouble sleeping, I sleep with a pillow between my legs but it's not that helpful. I'm a SAHM and my daughter is 2.5... last time I had SPD I didn't have anyone to chase around lol.

I don't have the money right now for a belly support band or anything. I have an appointment with my doctor later this month and I'll bring it up but I don't expect them to do anything, last time I tried countless times to get them to do SOMETHING for me but they just kept being like "Hip pain is normal during pregnancy." To which I say, okay, please show me the loads of pregnant women who need wheelchairs while pregnant? I'll wait.

I just know as soon as I bring it up they're going to brush it off and not do anything about it and it drives me insane because I am such a pushover and I won't be able to fight them on it. To make matters worse, I have a history of drug addiction and I disclosed it to them so I'm afraid they will think I'm looking for drugs (even though I wouldn't take anything while pregnant anyway).

I don't know what to do. This is excruciating and I've only been dealing with it for three days. I'm not due until December. I don't know how to deal with this pain again AND chase around my daughter AND clean AND cook. I'm willing to resort to "natural" methods even though I don't really usually believe in them. I.e. supplements etc. Any suggestions? :(

Hey :) I had terrible spd last time and this time I have my toddler (but no job, stay at home mum) and it kicked in at 11 weeks.
I got my support belt on nhs which I know is different here.
Best thing I've done it's swim, you can only kick with your legs, but it feels amazing in the water and I swear I feel so much better the next day. I could barley move at 26 weeks last time, and before I started swimming at 14 weeks I spent 3 weeks in agony.
They still ache at night, I have to be careful how I sit, and can't sit still for too long, but in general it's better.
Getting the birthing ball out soon to sit on, they are a god send!

You could make a temp belt all you really need is support around you pelvis. Do you have a wide belt you could use temporarily. Sorry if I'm talking nuisance and if won't work.

I cant work either its driving me nuts I had just returned hto work after a few years of being unable to work due to ill health. You could make a temp belt all you really need is support around you pelvis. Do you have a wide belt you could use temporarily. Sorry if I'm talking nuisance and if won't work.

Feeling your pain quite literally ladies.

I've just been for a physiotherapy appointment this morning and she's done wonders for me already.

I completely am with you on the kicked in the crotch pain. In fact yesterday I turned funny and it felt like someone had taken a hammer to my pelvis.

Its so awkward hon I know because everyone just passes it off as you being a bit soft in pregnancy. But as my physiotherapist said...IT IS A REAL CONDITION!!

I've been given a pelvic support and crutches today. I know you said you won't afford these where you are but is it worth asking if there's any support financially for pregnant women? (I''m so grateful for the NHS!)

One of the things the physio said to me was to try and engage your pelvic floor muscles more. So when you turn over in bed, keep your knees together and tighten your pelvic floor muscles before you move. It stabalises your pelvis so should reduce the pain. Same goes for getting inand out of bed/the car etc. Also she suggested to check your posture. So make sure you're not slouched, sit up straight and make sure your pelvis doesn't rock back, so don't arch your back. Tip your pelvis under ever so slightly so you're forcing the weight through the base of your back rather than through your pelvis.

So sorry you're suffering with this too, it's a nightmare. I've had to explain to my 3 year old today that mummy can't pick her up or carry her anymore. Both of us quite upset about that aspect of it. Had to tell her if she wants to cuddle or sit with me she's got to get up on the sofa with me and sit on my lap rather than me lift her to me :nope:

I had this for my first two pregnancies, currently waiting on it for the third. My doctor showed me an exercise which brought a lot of relief to my poor crotch lol I'd stand with my legs as far apart as was comfortable and would stretch each side out. Like you're in PE or getting ready to exercise. Also the less water I drank the worse it was. Hope this helps!

This me me too! :( just left my midwife a voice message I had it bad with my son too! But basically I had him at 37 weeks and the day after I had him while I was in the hospital the physio department rang me and were like your suppose to have your first appointment and I was like are you serious I'm sat upstairs in the same hospital as you with my baby in my arms! It took you 17 weeks to get me in I was so Angry so this time I keep nagging my doctor already I have the exact same as you someone may have kicked me in the crotch on the left side my whole bottom part of my body feels like it's cracking open :( ouch I hope
You get some relief soon! I too am trying to keep
Up with a 19 month old! Have some comfort in knowing your not alone if I find anything that works I'll let you know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->