SPD is driving me insane!

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
i dont know how much more of this i can take.
No sleep
Hobbling around like an old lady all day
CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK!!
ive done the dos and donts, ive done the exercises.

feeling very miserable and short tempered. want these 10 or so weeks over with and fast.

I am so with you on this! I actually burst into tears last night while trying to turn over in bed. It wasnt just that it hurt at that point but i said to my DH that everything takes 10000% more effort than it should!

I did speak to my consultant about this as i have crutches and a support belt which is doing notbing he said we will get you to 37 weeks And take it from there which im assuming means possible induction.

I hope you manage to find some relief!

I was crying in pain 5 weeks ago, but now i've been to the osteopath twice and it's almost completly gone! I can walk again :D
I seriously reccomend it, you will probably find your pelvis is out of line, and they can correct this.
Physio from the NHS was rubbish, they blamed it all on me having weak muscles and gave me exercises to do. I found it painful enough getting on the floor trying to do the exercises let alone look after my toddler at the same time.

So I'd really recommend the osteopath as you can make a full recovery and you'll feel back to normal. x

A neonatal chiropractor got rid of my spd at 24 weeks and I've not had it since :)

I was crying in pain 5 weeks ago, but now i've been to the osteopath twice and it's almost completly gone! I can walk again :D
I seriously reccomend it, you will probably find your pelvis is out of line, and they can correct this.
Physio from the NHS was rubbish, they blamed it all on me having weak muscles and gave me exercises to do. I found it painful enough getting on the floor trying to do the exercises let alone look after my toddler at the same time.

So I'd really recommend the osteopath as you can make a full recovery and you'll feel back to normal. x

yeah! 'theres nothing we can do but show you exercises to strenghtn your muscles' i rarely have time for these, my little boy is into anything and everything. i turn my back on him for 5 minutes and somethings been destroyed. and when hes in bed im too exhausted to exercise. i find it a struggle getting up off the sofa and out of bed let alone getting up from the floor. do osteos charge?

You can't get osteopathy on the NHS, my first session was £45 and now it's £35 each time. It's well worth it though, we could barely afford it but I'm so glad we got the money together or I'd be seriously depressed right now xxx

I really understand how you feel, I have been off work since the first week of march with my pelvis and there is nothing anyone can do.

My lo has worked out what mummy can and cant do and takes full advantage. I got stuck in the bath the other day because I was trying to ease it.

Have you got a birthing ball, last time I used to just sit on it to watch tv etc. I had it soo much worse last time to the point where standing, sitting, laying and just moving had me in tears. I remember waking up one night to go to the toilet and we used to live in a flat with a stair railing at the top, I dragged myself to the toilet. and then crawled back! It hasn't got that bad this time but I put a lot of it down to the fact I have a tempura mattress this time, so when I am in bed it moulds to me and I can't move as much x

yeah i brought a ball and do the exercises for 20 mins a day, usually during cbeebies bedtime hour when in the night gardens on. he actually sits down then lol. but even trying to do them on the ball makes me crack like crazy and then i csnt walk withoit being in agony. also causes me to have alot of bh lol

That's not good!

Have you got a support belt, I have one that is almost like a corset. It didn't work for me but I hear they work well for a lot of ladies x

I seriously could have written this post myself I am in complete agony. I can't even move without crying and it takes me ages to do anything...I feel like an old lady. Unfortunately no one in the US takes this condition seriously, its like they think I'm making it up or something. Lord help me just make it to August!

just been shopping and had to slide my ass across the fridges. standing up is too uncomfy, my back doesnt seem to be able to support me very well anymore

seriously, osteopaths and chiropractors can be really helpful with manual manipulation. Even if you have to beg, steal or borrow the money it's well worth it! I know how you ladies feel, but explore alternative treatments before giving up. physios can be crap!

I am in so much pain at the moment because I over did it and OH seems to think as it was a bit better I am not making it up... I don't think men will ever understand x

See a chiropractor. My SPD has completely gone away after seeing one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->