SPD? Lightening Crotch? Something else?

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
When i get out of bed my pelvis is very painful and it is hard to roll over when i lie down. It hurts so bad. In the morning i feel things.. shifting kinda and popping.
I'm thinking this is SPD..??

But also throughout the day the past few days ive had shooting pains in my crotch even when I'm just sitting around. It sucks so bad and keeps happening randomly.

Is this part of the spd? Something else? Anyone else dealing with this? If it is spd will i have to have a csection or anything if it gets worse?

It's getting bad and im gonna talk to my doc on Monday about it but in the meantime. .. thoughts?

Sounds like SPD. I have it,had it for the past few months now (I'm 37 weeks) I go to physio but to be truthful it doesn't help me. They gave me a belt (my right hip is out of line with my left) but the belt gives me terrible stomach cramps as baby is so low and I'm supposed to use crutches but they haven't helped either so it's a no win situation for me. It's really painful and a constant struggle everyday. It defiantly sounds like you have it x

Yeah it sounds like spd to me too hun.

you can still deliver normally though and it usually goes after birth xx

Yes SPD. This is what I have and its a nightmare, I really feel for you hun. During the day it isnt as bad, but that is how it is- nights are always the worst. Just turning over at night is enough to bring tears to my eyes let alone having to get out of bed which I do on average 4-5 times per night.
It also makes my legs feel very heavy and its harder to move them the longer I go in between toilet visits at night. Urgh it is horrible! I have not been told that I have to have a c-section due to this, I have only heard of a couple of women who that happened to due to cracked pelvis from the SPD.

And here I thought this was just the "normal pains of pregnancy" looking into the symptoms, I think I have this too :s

And here I thought this was just the "normal pains of pregnancy" looking into the symptoms, I think I have this too :s

^^this! I too get what is being described. at night its worse and just rolling over is horrible! The getting outta bed part is the most painful, feels like my PE is is being pulled apart (doc says it literally is!) the doc doesn't seem too worried.

Spd for sure.... All of it ..... You need to go to physical therapy , I have only been going for a few wks, but it honestly hasn't helped any yet..... I'm 29 wks, it started around 24 wks..... I also should be wearing a brace but baby is so low it gives me terrible cramps also so I never wear it either..... The ONLY relief I get us from icing the sore areas, i ordered the same gel cold pack they use on me at physical therapy, I try to ice it a couple times a day but I'm pretty busy and usually only get to it at night, but it does bring some relief so I ca actually fall alseep.... And since getting out of bed is torture I try not to drink much of anything a couple hrs before bed which is also torture..... It all just stinks so bad :( :( there's nothing much to help, I haven't tried tylonal yet which they told me to take, I just feel tylonal never works for anything else and I also get scared ill mask the pain and over do it and then really be in trouble ..... The advice givin to menus to always keep my legs together, when getting out of the car or sitting down , and to also sleep with pillow between legs and keep the pillow there when rolling over ...... Easier said than done:/

I am sorry hun,
I have this since 18 weeks pregnancy.
The pain always was in the different locations every week: in the back or in the front of the pelvis, in the crutch.
I have less pain now. I did following:

Walking everyday, at least for 30min; if your pain increases stop walking. Try next day.
I wear Compresssion stockings every day
I avoid sitting, standing, walking too long
I do 3tri exercises from youtube
I avoid standing on one leg: exercise or change pants
I sleep with a pillow between my legs
Avoid sitting with crossed legs

I just thought this was normal pregnancy. I've had it with both my pregnancies. Didn't cause any issues with giving birth or healing afterwards. It does hurt a lot though but hey, when you think about what's happening to your body of course its going to hurt.

Yeah SPD I have the same. First it was just at nights and now I feel it all day. When I roll over in bed, when I get up, when I walk, putting pants on. Some times it's so bad I can hardly sleep because of the ache. Last night I spent some time with an ice pack between my legs! I find towards end of the day/night's always the worst.

So if it's spd any advice on pain management? I had sciantic nerve pain with my last and im concerned I'll havepain from both before this pregnancy is over. I can not imagine how horrible that will be.

I had a belly band with the last and it gave me terrible bh and was just too uncomfortable to wear so i dont really wanna buy another one unless i have to.
I DO plan on blowing up my exercise ball this week, and that helped a lot with the sciantica before so im hoping it'll help with this too..?

As far as walking goes i live a rather sedentary life because i have a 14 month old and my husband works a lot so i dont have the time/energy to get out for walks much now that it's cold out. (I live in MI)

On top of it all i fell down the steps outside a few weeks ago and since then my knees have been hurting off and on. *Sigh*.. my legs are fairly useless. Lol.

At any rate i cant walk far or do much as it is and i dont want to lose what mobility i have. It's bad enough that my house is an absolute pig sty because i never have the energy/ability to do my cleaning. If i was put on bedrest or had to use crutches or something i dont even want to know how terrible my house would end up. .. ugh..

To be honest.... If it is really bad, nothing helps :( the absolute best and only thing that brings relief is lots of rest.... My dr said do absolutely nothing if u can.... Ya right, I have a 4 & 6 yr old , it's the holidays , and we are currently moving to a new house ...... Walking makes it much much worse, anything physical makes it worse, lifting anything over 5 lbs makes it worse , there's basically no escaping it unless u rest for hrs on end.... And Ice! Definitely Ice it off and on throughout the day/night if u can, that seems to put a bandaid on the extreme pain for a while..... Nobody tells I these ugly stories of pregnancy! Ugh .... The countdown never seemed so longggggg lol

To be honest.... If it is really bad, nothing helps :( the absolute best and only thing that brings relief is lots of rest.... My dr said do absolutely nothing if u can.... Ya right, I have a 4 & 6 yr old , it's the holidays , and we are currently moving to a new house ...... Walking makes it much much worse, anything physical makes it worse, lifting anything over 5 lbs makes it worse , there's basically no escaping it unless u rest for hrs on end.... And Ice! Definitely Ice it off and on throughout the day/night if u can, that seems to put a bandaid on the extreme pain for a while..... Nobody tells I these ugly stories of pregnancy! Ugh .... The countdown never seemed so longggggg lol

Fun, fun. Well, resting isnt a possibility much with a 14 month old, a 4 year old stepson, and a 7 year old daughter. Im lucky if i even get 6 hours of sleep. Lol. Buuut thank you. I'll do the best i can to rest up and I'll let you know if i find anything that works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->