SPD/PGP already?

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
With DD, I developed SPD during the second trimester - pain started around 13 weeks but I wasn't taken seriously and diagnosed until 17/18 weeks.
Unfortunately, even after birth, the pain never went away completely even with physio :(

I'm 8 weeks now, and my pelvis is already agony :( It started at 6 weeks, but it's progressed pretty rapidly and unfortunately the pain is in all of the possible places it could be - front and back. The doctor has me on 60mg codiene 4 times a day, but I was wondering if anyone else has either an alternative suggestion for pain relief, or at least some tips that helped/help them get some relief?
I sleep with a pillow between my knees and try to keep my legs together when getting in and out of a car etc.

I'm really miserable...can anyone suggest something to help?

No advice, but didn't want to read and run! Sorry you're going through this! :hugs:

This is my second pregnancy as well. With ds, my hips and legs hurt terribly toward the end! And though it's still super early with this one, my hips are already killing me! I'm pretty sure it's due to the relaxin hormone that gets released...grrrr

Same here, it's already to the point that rolling over in bed is agony. No advice but didn't want to rnr. Hugs.

I had server spd pgp with ds3 to the point i was on complete home bed rest at 8 weeks had physio twice a week had crutches when i was dosed up enough to go to the toilet the only thing i can suggest is rest at the worst and dont over do it if you feel slightly eased a good not tho at about 35 weeks for some strange reason either my body got used to it or had so much pain meds in my system the symptoms disapeard so was avle to do everything in the last five weeks but the physio waiting list can be long but they refered me for a whellchair as it was only way of getting out but getting out of bed or up from chairs feet to thw back knees foward and up etc also im not to sure if you can use it ealry pregnancy but it says not to use it last trimestar maybe ask about useing voltarol it was amazing before pregnancy and it does help expensive but if it relievse the pain and pressure then its a must but ask gp or pharmasist xx

I developed severe SPD with my son (whos now 6) in the last month! Worst pain ever felt like my pubic bones and pelvis had fractured into a million pieces!
I had to wear a belt and walk on crutches, couldn't climb stairs so had to sleep downstairs and shower only as could not get into the bath.
I am dreading getting it again!

I am so sorry it never got better for you and you're having to go through it again and so early on. :hugs: Fingers crossed it tries to ease up for you a little bit, i feel for you. Sorry i can't be of much help, but codeine is what i found helped (however made me proper bunged up so gave me stomache) pregnancy can really be hard work for us girlies!

Thanks Ladies.
I just feel so miserable. I was hoping I would at least reach 2nd trimester before suffering. I'm on the max dose of codiene and I can't take NSAIDS such as ibuprofen or naproxen :( I'll ask about the Volterol. I'm willing to try anything. I've even considered a chiropractor, but it's so bloody expensive where I live :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->