Spd physio referral?

Gemmaleanne23

Reaction score
went for my 16 week midwife appointment today and mentioned to her about the agony iv been in the past few weeks. She asked me all about the pain/location/severity and has referred me to physio for spd. I had it mild in my last pregnancy but not until the very end so I'm quite shocked that it's been this bad so early.

She seems to think that it being a twin pregnancy has a lot to do with it but insists that they should be able to help with a support belt etc although said it's likely to be a good few weeks until I get seen.

Was just wondering if anyone else who's been to see a physio for spd could give me a heads up of what the first appointment is likely to consist of? Also, Would I get a support belt then or would it be another few weeks after that. Trying to weigh up pros and cons of paying for one before hand or waiting it out, I really am in agony 24/7! X

I got mine at physio she sized it for me I think it's worth waiting for physio appointment

I had my appt yesterday , they asked alot of questions and made me do a few exercises so they could get an idea of what is going on and i got my belt at the end of appt .

i had spd with my dd but my old doc was like oh its normal pains was my midwife in the end that got me a referral but they then said as was sent to see them so late not much they could do bar some exercises and crutches fast forward to now just got in from new docs have spd again they sent a referral and was told will get an appointment pretty quick and will be fitted with a belt there , happy this doc picked up on it and didnt fob me off

I got my appointment through pretty quickly so hopefully will be the same for you.

I'm the same as you, got SPD in last pregnancy but nothing like as bad as it has been in this pregnancy.

I was given a belt and crutches at the appointment. The belt is wonderful! The relief you get from it is amazing! Just make sure you wear it. I forgot to put mine on yesterday and now I'm paying for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->