SPD

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
Well I got this with my 3rd pg, & was on crutches by 24 weeks, & induced @ 37 weeks.

My mw wrote to my consultant to get me into the system so should it flare up again she can get me seen.

I have my 12 week scan on Monday, & have a consultant appointment on Wednesday.

I though it was gonna be a case of me popping in to see him say I'm fine & then him saying if it flares up later then to go & see him.

Past to days tho the pain has kicked in. If I'm stood for too long I get pain in my groin/pelvic area, my lower back hurts & my hips seize. The pain is mainly @ the RHS wh9ich is where it was last time.

In fact tonight it was so bad I dug my crutches out from last time just so i could get up the stairs.

I'm so hoping that its just ealry pg strecthing & stuff, but not optimistic.

Anyone else any experience of spd in subsequent pregnancy?
Anyone else suffering?

Might get a better response on this one in 3rd tri hun x

But yes i'm with you on it, I had spd with my 1st & got induced, now i have it much much worse this time around. I've got a sweep booked at 37wks & then 3 days later induction booked if the sweep doesnt work.

Thanks hun. Good luck with the induction.
Will go & see over in 3rd tri, thanks.

Hi ladies as some of you may have seen in the ask a mum thread - i had very very sever spd !! and ended up having major major surgery to "put my pelvis back together !!

If there is one piece of advice i could give you ladies it is rest - i know some may have oter little ones but even sitting for 5 mons on the sofa is better than pushing through the pain and get physio - bang on desks till you get some !!

I'm seeing my consultant on Weds so I'm hoping he might get me off to see the physios, although last time all they did was give me crutches, a giant tubi-grip, & give me details of a website to get a good support belt, & tell me if it got any worse thye could give me a zimmer frame.

I'm seriously hoping that it will settle down. OH is now on all household duties. I normally cook Sat, Sun & Mon, bit he will have to do it now.

He will also have to help me pack this weekend for going away next weekend (assuming we go as there is an outbreak of gastro bug @ daughters school so I guess thats gonna hit us all & we won't get to go!).

I work full time too, but thankfully do sit down most of the day.

Hope u r pelvis is settling down now stephy. Did they say what the likelyhood of it going again 2nd time were? I've heard that if u get it with 1st pg then it is normally worse in subsequent pg. As I was fine with 1st & 2nd I hoped that in 3rd it was a one off.

TBH i am now disabled!! i am not meaning to scare anyone but i will post a like to ask a mum thread !! as there is quite abit of info about how i was affected !!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/172506-ask-mum-living-disability-9-8-17-8-a.html

also for everyone have a look at ( never mind if your not in scotland neither am i )

https://www.pelvicinstability.org.uk/

and

https://www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk/

sending you all gentle hugs xxx

Thanks for the links will have a look @ them tomorrow. I'm fairly certain it is SPD flaring up again, just hope I don't end up totally immobile, will have to learn to let OH do everything. I hate sitting doing nothing, but I'm going to learn to sit on backside lol. & also be a diva @ work to get ppl running around after me.

How's it going Caroline?
I had SPD with 1st preg. Started all of a sudden at 24 weeks and had to stop work immediately as they couldn't give me any desk work. (I was a nurse)
2nd preg was about 20 weeks and was on crutches from quite soon after that. I am expecting number 3 now, and if it progresses, ( having problems) I expect it will happen again.
The tips I got from an obstetric physio have stuck in my head. I will pass them on, as I had a couple of friends with SPD who got very little info.

Here goes......
Always put a pillow between your knees when turning over in bed ( how painful is that!!!!)

When getting into a car, go in bum first, then keep your knees together and swing both legs in together. A plastic bag on the seat helps you to slide round.

Avoid spreading your legs..... eg, don't sit cross-legged.

Wear satin PJs or nightie in bed, as it makes it so much easier to change position in bed.

Pregnant women have a habit of pushing items to the side with their foot, eg, moving a shopping bag, chair, etc, as it saves bending down with a bump which is difficult. DON'T DO IT!!!! It puts a lot of strain on the pelvis.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi Rosie hope yours doesn't flare up to badly.

I started a thread in pregnancy club for support to everyone with spd, be it hints & tips or just hugs or a rant.

Been on crutches since about 16 weeks. Some days are better than others.

I managing work most days thankfully.

I can't get a pillow between my knees on a night, i just can't manage to lift one leg up.

Thankfully have leather seats in car so makes swiveling in & out a bit easier.

I've had this with each pregnancy, and with each pregnancy it gets worse and more severe. Around here they don't really treat it.. its more of a "just live with it" condition. I feel your pain though, it takes me forever to get up out of bed to pee at night and some nights I can't roll over and I just sit and cry because it hurts so bad! And it aches all day but nighttime is the worst for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->