Speech?

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I'm really happy with Oliver's development so far. He's been crawling since 7months, sitting up, opening cupboards/drawers and by 9 months he was pulling himself up to stand. He has now just started furniture walking and has 8 teeth! I am abit worried about his speech development though, he still has not said his first word- he still only makes noises and mimics the odd word I say. He moves his mouth alot as if he is talking but no speech comes out. He is nearly 10months, have your babies this age said words? I'm sure it will happen in his own time however what concerns me is that we have dogs who he loves to bits. He follows them around the house..and now he has started to get into thier basket with them, crawl up to us with a ball in his mouth and then drop it on us! More recently he has startedto try eat the dogs dinner and he greets people with what sounds like a growling noise... i think my son may think he is a dog! or is this normal at this age? Anyone know! x

My friend's son thought he was a dog at 2 years old! They even had to keep a lead by the door and he would bring it to them in his mouth to go for a walk!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: He's 5 now and is perfectly fine.

:rofl: at the dog thing!!!

im sure hes fine hun. Callum doesnt really say any words except mum and dad and on the odd occasion it sounds as if he says hiya but dont know whether thats just a fluke!!!

my 18mth old nephew doesnt really speak at all except for mum and dad and even that isnt really clear.

I've never really heard of this before, if your concerned then I'd say to Health Visitor. Maybe take the ball from his mouth and tell him no, that that's what doggies go? Or dont allow him to lie in the dogs bed. Just Simple things, see if it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->