spice for rice?

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
hey ladies i got a rice pot for xmas and been ricing up a storm. wondering if anyone can recommend a good spice to put in? so far i jus season with some butter and pepper but i feel like there could be a more interesting spice for rice that i dont know about?

Depends what I'm eating it with but I will sometimes and dried mixed herbs, curry powder, veg stock etc, us that the sort if thing you mean?

ty for the response! you can hear crickets chirping and thats about it in this part of the forum :haha::haha:

i was jus wondering if there was a lazy mans catchall spice to throw in - ended up getting one off my MIL - sazon goya seasoning? ive yet to pick it up from the grocery.

so far ive just gotten creative and made a pot with stock, curry, cumin and coriander. today im trying mexican style with stock, tin of herbed diced tomatoes, chili power, paprika, garlic, and pepper flakes :cloud9:

Hey, are you interested in indian recipe. ? I know some simple ones.

:hi: Hi!

I have a lovely recipe for Lebanese/Arabic rice passed on by a good friend. It calls for Basmati rice if you want to be authentic.

1 C Basmati Rice
2 Whole Cardamon Pods
1 Cinnamon Stick (broke in half)
1 teaspoon Arabic 7 Spice Blend
2 Whole Cloves (all of the above can be found at a Middle Eastern or probably even Indian grocery store)
Good dash of salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups Water

Bring all of above to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 18 minutes.

Topping:
Sautee 2 small onions sliced finely in olive oil until almost caramelized. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan and add 1/4 cup of slivered almonds. Sautee until almonds are brown but not burnt. Add 1/4 cup of golden raisins and continue to sauté until soft. Top warm rice with the mixture.

If you have any questions let me know.

Well sorry for the late reply..

Its a simple vegetablerice.

1 cup basmati rice
Ha1f onion
1 tomato
2 tbsp crushed ginger and garlic
Few leaves of fresh mint
2 or 3 green chillies

3 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
3 tbsp oil or ghee (clarified butter)
1 cup cut mixed veg -carrot, green beans, green peas fresh, and if desired potato
Salt as desired.

Take a thick bottomed vessel. Heat it. Add oil. When hot add cinnamon and clove. Then finely cut onion , green chilies , mint leaves, ginger garlic paste or crushed finely.
Add tomatoes and sautee till cooked completely.
Sautee it till everything is cooked . Then add mixed veg. Add a little bit of water close the lid and let it cook. Then add basmeti rice, 2 or 3cup water, desired salt and cook in medium heat covered.
Mix it once in a while. 20 min would suffice. But check for concistency. The rice should be double the lenght and soft .:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->