Spider nest, uk!

Thank you for the replies and support. I just came on to post an update.

I phoned the council this morning as I still hadnt heard from them. The council told me, they had no record of the agency phoning up about this and even if they had phoned them they would have explained to them that they dont deal with spiders. So the agency basically lied to me, and left me and my children over a bank holiday weekend as they dont have an out of hours number, just an answering machine!

I got a quote off a pest control place that does deal with spiders and they said they will deal with the problem and sort out the whole house incase they have got anywhere else for £75. I told him I cant get in touch with the landlord until tuesday and he said he will come out on tuesday as soon as I phone.

I'm having to take my children and stay in my sisters as I can not bear to be here any more. They are just everywhere you turn now. My arms have red raw scratches on them where I keep itching everytime I think I feel something as I'm so scared. I feel constantly like I'm going to be sick, I have a headache as I havent slept and I feel so angry with them that they knowingly left me in this situation while they swan off and enjoy their bank holiday weekend.

I asked my ex to collect a load of the spiders in a jar for me and I'm thinking of getting him to come with me to the agancy and release them on their desk, if its ok for my children to be crawled all over and for me to have to move out of the house, then it should be ok for them to see a tiny bit of what I've had to deal with. xxx

:hugs: so sorry you've had to move out for the weekend, must be such an awful situation especially as it seems spiders are somewhat of a grey area and no one is willing to take responsibilty.

So sorry your going through this hun, this thread makes my skin crawl. I cant imagen how you must be feeling. I hope you get it sorted i really do.

Oh no I really feel for you I absolutely hate spiders :hugs: I leave my windows open at night and every couple of days I'm going round the corners of the ceiling hoovering up around 5-8 tiny spiders that have come in, and that'll be in every room and the hallway! I hate it, I'm so glad I have my hoover :haha: The huge ones I just go mental and run!

OMG... I feel all itchy and terrified even after just reading that! I'd literally refuse to be living there, but I'm a wuss! :haha:

Thank you again for the replies. Just wanted to post another update.

I got back here last night so that I could sort it out as soon as the agency opened. I dont think I hardly slept last night and I only went upstairs twice really quickly, both times straight to the toilet and back down!

When I spoke to them I basically told them that what they told me wasnt true and that they hadnt spoke to the council. That I'd got a quote myself and that I wanted it sorting today. She took the details of my quote and said she would speak to him.

In the mean time I had a call from rentokill telling me that they had an email from my landlord but cant get through to them but they would make an appointment to come and look at the problem, then go away, then find out when they could come out!

I called the landlord back and told them this, I told them I wasnt happy with waiting until god knows when to get it done and I want it sorted TODAY. They said they couldnt get through to the man I'd spoke to, so I phoned him and got straight through! He's coming out tomorrow to do the whole house.

Sorry this was so long but its turned into a bit of a rant as well as an update. Thank you for reading though. xxx :hugs:

Im so glad you are getting it sorted tomorrow. I would feel exactly the same about the situation :hugs: xx

To be honest I'm more annoyed at being lied to and messed around right now. I know I should be relieved, but I HATE being lied to. If they had been honest they could have already had it sorted as they are going with the quote I got anyway. xxx

Hiya, thanks for asking.

He came to spray the house on wednesday. I was out as I took the kids to a friends so they werent in the house. I got my ex to let them in and lock up after they went. There are loads of places they never sprayed as they wouldnt move stuff, even down to an empty cardboard box! I phoned up and they said I was told to move everything before they came - if I was told to move everything I would have got someone to do it so it was done properly!

I'm still finding the same looking ones randomly downstairs. I still havent braved staying upstairs yet and only go up there when I need to go the toilet or get a bath. I hate being in the house now as I'm still so paranoid, I dont feel like I'll ever be able to relax again! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->