Spitting up

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
How much is too much? And what can you do to help prevent it? We had no problems the first week but the last couple of days Hannah has spit up several times.

Hi Vickie, hope Hannah is doing well.

How much is too much is a question only you can answer - I'd say if Hannah looks uncomfortable then it's too much.

Try winding a couple of times during feeds and inclining her cot (couple of books under the top legs or a little pillow under the top half of her mattress.

Also, if she is hard to wind (often the case with babies who spit up or have reflux), try some infacol (not sure if you get it in Canada).

Lastly, rub her back when winding instead of patting - it will be more comfortable for her, i.e. the acid coming up the oesophagus doesn't burn as much.

Hope that might help some.

:hug:

Josh never spit up but he used to in the first 2 weeks or so, I winded him as much as I could, also warm milk made him spit up more it was much better when it was room temp.

Hope your princess is doing good xxx:hugs:

hiya hun:happydance: good to see you here :hugs:

I would say in this very early stage it could be that little hannah has abit of mucous left and that might make her sick.

Tips to try and improve the sickness are loads of winding, (Is hannah bf?) and keeping her upright in her little bouncy chair for 1/2 to 1 hour after each feed and yes propping her mattress with a rolled up towel.

If you find over the next week or 2 then go to your dr who may give her something as it 'may' be refulx.

Too much imo hun is for example when Caitlin so tiny managed to get sick all over her, me & her moses from her mosesbasket ...I just lifted her head up! If projectile sick then defo speak to the HV or quack x

Awful to see even when its normal x *hugs*

thanks :hugs: we did pretty well last night but she did spit up quite a bit this a.m. Going to dr. on Tues. so will speak to her about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->