Spoken to HIP people

KateH & bump

Reaction score
I think we are all BORED of this by now!

I sent by form off approx two weeks ago, and with everything I have been reading I just wanted to make sure that they at least HAD my form.
I have just called up helpline who have said they have no record of my claim, but it can take them up to eight weeks just to REGISTER that they have recieved the form. They said to call back again in six weeks to see if they have received the form!

This is crazy. If there is a back log for payment; fine; but not even knowing if they have received the form! It has my bank details on! I am not keen on it floating around somewhere! If mine has been lost in the post it will be another six weeks before I can even begin to start this process again!

He said this was due to the postal strikes???????????????????????

Omg that's worrying, I sent mine off on the 4th I might ring up and see if they have mine yet. N about the bank details I know what ya mean it's not very good is it xxx

yep thats about the size of it - it was about six weeks till they received my claim on the system - once its logged on their system its paid in days. Its the data entry processing centre that is delayed not the actual paying of it bit. They are piled up waiting to be entered onto the system xxx

I just spoke to OH - he is paranoid as me abou thte htought of having our FULL bank details "in a pile somewhere" - just wish I know they had been receieved - for all I know they could be anywhere! Really want to ring local radio or something, but it won't help - really I should just be grateful that we get this. Having been to Africa eight times you would think I would have some perspective!

i rung yesterday, i sent mine 30th november, there's still no record of mine either told me to ring back in 8 weeks if not heard anything.

I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and got my money this morning! Some things get lost in the post, plus with backlog there are bound to be some delays in it getting onto the system. when I rang a couple of days ago to find out why my Mat B1 had come back to me, the bloke said that it can take up to 4 weeks to get your claim onto the system.

I just spoke to OH - he is paranoid as me abou thte htought of having our FULL bank details "in a pile somewhere" - just wish I know they had been receieved - for all I know they could be anywhere! Really want to ring local radio or something, but it won't help - really I should just be grateful that we get this. Having been to Africa eight times you would think I would have some perspective!

I did raise this with them when I was waiting and was assured the processing centre is secure and specifically designed for holding confidential data - that is one of the reasons for the delay to ensure security processes are adhered too xx

i Dont understand how some people are sending it off and getting there money 3 weeks later and some people are waiting months :growlmad: Im just happy to be getting it and when it comes it comes im not relying on it too heavily but what annoys me is like you have said our bank details are just floating around somewhere waiting to be dealt with (hopefully) and then for some people its like send form bang 2 weeks later in there acc!!!
surely if it was postal strikes Everyone would be affected? and no one would have theres :wacko: i dont know if that made sense iv been up all night with toothache and got preggy brain :rofl:

xx

I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and got my money this morning! Some things get lost in the post, plus with backlog there are bound to be some delays in it getting onto the system. when I rang a couple of days ago to find out why my Mat B1 had come back to me, the bloke said that it can take up to 4 weeks to get your claim onto the system.

can i ask what date u sent it thankyou x x

I phoned, apparently they are working claims rec'd at end of November...but he did say that if you have a claim form in, and you have ur baby before its paid out, you're still eligible, as I know some ladies were worried they wouldn't get anything if their babies came early....So I've to give it another 3 weeks b4 calling back !

i rung yesterday, i sent mine 30th november, there's still no record of mine either told me to ring back in 8 weeks if not heard anything.

Ditto 22nd October posted mine - nothing yet :(

Just to say I sent mine off on the 17-18 Nov and received it yesterday (17 Dec) and I know someone who is due the same day as me but I think sent theres after mine that received it on the 16 dec

This postal strike excuse is ridiculous, the strike only lasted 2 days so how can this possibly make a backlog of up to 8 weeks? Rubbish! Using that as an excuse for them being behind. :coffee:

yep thats about the size of it - it was about six weeks till they received my claim on the system - once its logged on their system its paid in days. Its the data entry processing centre that is delayed not the actual paying of it bit. They are piled up waiting to be entered onto the system xxx

hiya

the details are entered automatically by scanning the form (it said so on the guidance notes)...i guess the data entry delay could therefore be caused by those forms requiring manual data entry due to illegible writing... :(

i am more so worried about my bank details, date of birth, address, full name details being available on one form for someonelse's sinister purposes! :(

Horrahhh posted mine on the 26th november and recieved it today! to be honest I think the helpine people are just fobbing people off with bullsh*t! I called them yesterday and they had no record of me and to call back mid janurary.....liars :p

x

What I don't get is.. okay there was a strike BUT that gave them 2 days to work through the backlog they already had and get ahead ready for the influx of new claims so why does it make a difference? Anyway, I got mine through eventually but it took around 6 weeks.

i just rang, they dont have my form yet (it has only been 2 weeks) i just rang to see if they had it, the bloke said they might have it but its not on system and to ring back in 2weeks, (after new year) as they should have sorted things abit by then. He said only 4week delay not 8??? xx

They finally had mine on the system last week 7 weeks after I sent it. Was told to expect the money in 3 - 4 weeks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->