Sports while TTC and when pregnant

EElse

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I've done some research on exercising and participating in sports if you are pregnant but I want your opinions as well.

We are TTC #1 and I have never been pregnant. I play lawn bowls, which is not a very strenuous sport but it can be stressful and I think if you are five months pregnant, it would be difficult to continue playing.

Does anyone else here play lawn bowls? Or any other sport for that matter....

Any idea of how it could influence TTC and then later, after a positive test, when should I consider stopping?

On another note....

How dangerous is it to have pets (especially dogs that lose their hair) and a newborn in the same house? We have 2 pekingese that sleep on the bed with us...

Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated.

I'm sorry I can't help, I just wanted to say that I'd be interested to bear people's opinions too.
Last year I got into running, but stopped doing it or a few reasons... But I wanted to start it again this year but have been putting if off because I'm worried that all that 'shaking/bouncing around' could hinder the chances of conception/implantation etc.
I'm sure I'm just overthinking it but like I said, would be interested to hear what people say :)

I played netball when TTC and when I was pregnant (1st trimester) with both pregnancies! It is good to keep active and I would think lawn bowls would be quite low risk.

Thanks ttc!! Yes, I think lawn bowls is low risk so I'm thinking of continuing even after my bfp until the fatigue gets too bad.

Thanks MemmaJ!

as long as you don't have any other health conditions, you are allowed (and often encouraged! exercise and staying healthy during pregnancy will help you in the long run) to continue any exercise you have been doing since before getting pregnant.

running during ttc and throughout pregnancy is completely fine, unless your doctor has told you not to. (same thing goes for sex!:winkwink:) there's lots of padding in your uterus; running definitely won't "shake the baby out."

any sport that has a possibility of contact, falling, or other risk is NOT usually recommended. i'm sure you can find stories of women who continued "risky" sports and had healthy pregnancies, but most docs will say no to any contact sport or anything you could fall and have an abdominal injury. they also do warn about balance issues. around 2nd trimester, your center of gravity shifts a bit, so it's good to just be cautious.

THAT being said, if you are worried, i would call and ask a doctor. some will give telephone consults or you could do a "ttc consult" type appt to ask...:shrug:

I think it depends on how active you were...Whilst shaking the baby out is the worst case scenario. ..yhe re are other things that concern me like the fatigue and stretching of muscles etc...with my 1st I was pretty active worked until 38 weeks etc. ..since then I have been a stay at home mum and have gained quite a lot of weight. ..A tarted home exercise videos to help me lose it...but then ttc number 2 and this month so far I have found that I am more stressed and tired and I have switched to low impact aerobics ie. No jumping etc... and i can still feel a pain in my lower belly not sure if that's implantation as I'm 7 dpo or the stretch of the muscles during exercise. ...but I'd hate to think I could use a baby just because I wouldn't stop or sloe down...aomI'm switching to walking and maybe yoga when pregnant. To kewpnme flexible that with my 2omonth old is enough lol...i say listwn tk your body and stop when it tells you to and if you are unsure seek medical advise. that's my opinion..sorry for the essay 😊😊

I think it depends on how active you were...Whilst shaking the baby out is the worst case scenario. ..there are other things that concern me like the fatigue and stretching of muscles etc...with my 1st I was pretty active worked until 38 weeks etc. ..since then I have been a stay at home mum and have gained quite a lot of weight. ..started home exercise videos to help me lose it...but then ttc number 2 and this month so far I have found that I am more stressed and tired and I have switched to low impact aerobics ie. No jumping etc... and i can still feel a pain in my lower belly not sure if that's implantation as I'm 7 dpo or the stretch of the muscles during exercise. ...but I'd hate to think I could lose a baby just because I wouldn't stop or slow down...I'm switching to walking and maybe yoga when pregnant. To kewpnme flexible that with my 2omonth old is enough lol...i say listen to your body and stop when it tells you to and if you are unsure seek medical advise. that's my opinion..sorry for the essay 😊😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->