spot outbreak

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
ever since i finished my bcp a few months ago ive broken out in spots mostly on my chin and forehead.

i had bad acne before i went on bcp and it cleared up when i started taking it.

i only wear makeup if im going out at the weekend and v.rarely if im going into town,my fringe is always clipped back at work so would only have fringe down 2 days a week.

anyone know of any good spot treatments for sensitive skin?the last time i had to get something from the doctor but it smelt horrrible and made my skin really tight and my eczema flare up.

I don't know any special treatment but if you want to give it a try you should try the Organic Surge range.
You can buy it at Boots and maybe superdrug. No other facial wash/creams has helped my skin at all except for that one :thumbup: And I got sensitive skin too!

Ooh, I shall have to try that one, none of the usuals ever help me. I still get outbreaks every now and then, it's so annoying to still get 'teenage spots' in my 30s!!

If it's really bad see your doctor, I was given antibiotics for spots when I was younger and they really kept them at bay.

Sorry no advice from this end, had acne since i was 13 and it still hasn't cleared up and i'm nearly 19! :(

Ooh, I shall have to try that one, none of the usuals ever help me. I still get outbreaks every now and then, it's so annoying to still get 'teenage spots' in my 30s!!

If it's really bad see your doctor, I was given antibiotics for spots when I was younger and they really kept them at bay.

Hm. Never thought about going to the doctors about it as I didn't think they would care! Thanks for the tips :hugs:

Hi :wave:

I came off BCP last July and since then my acne has gone haywire, so you aren't alone, I use several things but the best thing that helped me was anything with Tea Tree in it, its all natural, smells quite funky I won't lie, but has worked wonders for me. I try to use stuff without any perfumes or chemicals like Simple face wash, and I try to reduce the amount I wash my face with facial wash to about once every few days since my doctor told me its better to wash with water since otherwise you strip the natural oils from your face, resulting in overstimulating your glands and then getting greasy/spotty face.

Doctors can give you creams, my mum was given antibiotics (erythromycin) for 3 months which clears it up but only in the short term. My OH had severe acne in his teens and ended up with steriods which have cleared it up totally (he hasn't had a spot since!) but they only give it in severe cases that lead to bad scarring apparently..

Hope this helps x

Hm. Never thought about going to the doctors about it as I didn't think they would care! Thanks for the tips :hugs:

Just a heads up if you're on the pill, my doctor gave me some tablets for my acne and they make your pill ineffective for 4 weeks apparently, so if you were gonna go for it have a back up contraception ready for ask your doctor for tablets that are okay to take with your pill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->