Spotting 4w5d

SCgirl

Carrying #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies-

I've been extremely nervous from the moment I got my BFP, because I had a chemical pregnancy the previous cycle.

I'm also a POAS addict, and decided to take a FRER to make myself feel better (since they started out getting much darker than they had with the chemical). Should have known that wouldn't help- while the lines didn't get any lighter, they stayed the same (14-19dpo).

Then, I noticed a bit of brick red blood this morning (19dpo) while wiping. I broke down thinking that this was the end, and wore a pad (but nothing got on it). Throughout the day, there was still blood (just when I wiped), and it changed from brick red to brown (and seems to be getting lighter). I've been having cramps since getting my bfp (they vary throughout the day- and sometimes get confused if they're cramps or IBS). My cervix also went from soft to firm this morning, but still seems to be closed, and might be softening again.

I am scheduled to get another blood test to test hcg numbers on Monday, and figured I'll just have to discuss this with the doctor then (clinic is closed until Mon).

So- I'm looking to hear your experiences (good or bad). I realize what will be will be- I'm just going crazy not knowing, and time is passing by so slowly!:wacko:

(the cbd was taken this evening. the 19 dpo internet strip is one of the darkest i've had yet- it just hasn't hasn't darkened over time like the others.)

Attachments

• test progressions.jpg
    test progressions.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 40
Im sorry about your spotting when i had my mc is was brown for a day then went red so you seem to be opposite which seems good i know alot of women here had spotting and all was fine got fx you are the same gl

My levels are progressing about like yours. 50 at 16dpo (11 days after IVF) and 113 at 19dpo. My internet strips are still light. A lot of ladies say they don't get dark until hcg is 500-1000 or more. I finally stopped testing, because I know there's nothing I can do. Also, variations in color could simply be variations in dye. Relax. Your beta Monday is the only thing that can provide answers. The start number doesn't matter, as long as they are going up properly. :hugs:

Well, the spotting stopped late yesterday evening. Nothing in the morning (20dpo), so I took another FRER, which was the darkest I've had yet- which made me feel much better.

An hour or so later, I started bleeding- brick red blood again. It seemed like a lot when I wiped several times, but again nothing got on a pad. It's already lessening, and turning brownish.

So- still no clue what's going on... but it doesn't look good! :nope:

Attachments

• frer progression.jpg
    frer progression.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 24
Well that test is def darker so thats a good sign that horomones are rising got fx for you

I've been bleeding off and on for bout 13 days, doctor said its still implanation!

Keep positive thinking hun. Your tests look really good. xx

I'm still just spotting today. However, I took a FRER this morning, and my line was extremely faint. Doc wanted a blood test, and HCG came back at 34... so it's over. Figure it will turn into actual bleeding in the coming days...

thanks for all of the responses!

I'm sorry hun :(

I hope you get a quick BFP when you are ready to try again and my thoughts are with you. Ie been through a loss and it's no fun. Chin up hun

:hugs:

I've spotted since week 5. I was diagnosed with a small subchorionic hemorrhage - and that is the most common cause of bleeding/spotting during pregnancy.

Blood in the uterus is an irritant and can cause pain/cramps (mine at times woke me from the dead of sleep and even had me doubled over :().

When you go in for your first scan, ask them to look for a blood clot/hemorrhage/hematoma - those are the same thing.

Most clear up by 20 weeks and cause no concern. My doctor told me that unless I'm soaking 2-3 pads an hour and have clots coming out the size of my hand, I shouldn't panic. I've never had anything close to that. But I have had 4-5 moderate bleeds that were brick red, dripped in the toilet (sorry tmi) and had teeny tiny clots. But always stopped after a few minutes. It was more of a gush and then stopped. But I usually have brown/pink spotting every day (knock on wood, haven't had much in the past week).

Bleeding doesn't always mean MC. :hugs: Hang in there. I know how scary this is. I bought a doppler since I was going crazy and now I can check my baby's HB anytime I want.

ETA: I'm a dummy...I didn't read your last post. :( I'm so sorry about your loss.

Really sorry to read your news. Sending you hugs. Fingers crossed your next pregnancy when you're ready will be super sticky and go to term.

thanks ladies... hopefully i'll be back in this forum in a few months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->