Spotting 5w2d

Loneco13

Reaction score
I have had some very scant spotting, it is brown in colour. I'm only 5w2d, and it's so worrying. I read lots that many people have brown spotting and go on to have a healthy pregnancy but is that actually the case? I'm hoping I've just irritated my cervix or something as I have been using progesterone pessaries and I use and applicator stick to insert.

Any of you lovely ladies experienced what I am currently?

With DD I had brown spotting around 5 or 6 weeks, it stayed brown and eventually went away and now that little booger will be two next month :) Brown can be totally fine! It may be what you said, your cervix getting irritated from inserting progesterone.

I've also heard spotting is more common for ladies with any kind of fertility treatments/progesterone etc. When do you get the results from the blood test? X

I had spotting 4, 5, and 6 weeks. Brown mostly with a little tinge of pink. Very much when I wiped, and very light. Went for an US at 8 weeks and found healthy baby with heart beating away with no reason for the blood. Have had none since. I know how hard it is not to worry, I was so sure it was over I'd made myself sick over it.

I'm in Australia, so will go in about 3hrs, they'll give me a call probably about 3 hours after Mummafrog

Keeping you and baby in my thoughts. In good news it isn't any worse, I hope the doctor will have news to ease the worries.

Beta came back at 3764 today (14/11/16) it was 453 Wednesday 9/11/16. E2 and progesterone have dropped ever so slightly but apparently my numbers were great still, and I'm to continue the progesterone as is, no increases

I had red spotting at 6w4d last pregnancy. I basically gave up hope because they say red spotting is the worrying type (as opposed to brown or pink). All was totally OK. I still don't know exactly why it happened, but a scan showed a baby measuring ahead of schedule and a great heartbeat. Your HCG seems to be doubling really well! I'm sure it's totally normal. Spotting that's light and brown is most likely nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->