Spotting....9 weeks

jack79

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just looking for some advice/ reassurance really. I'm pregnant for the second time after ttc my daughter for 4 years and then having 2 cycles of IVF. This pregnancy happened naturally - just before we were about to have another go at IVF :)
So I'm about 9 weeks now, and last week had some brown spotting then pinky/ red blood one day when I wiped after going to the toilet. The hospital said I could go in and get checked and they scanned me - all looked fine and I saw a little heartbeat :)
The brown spotting went away for a few days but then last night I went to the toilet in the middle of the night and there was more fresh blood when I wiped. However it had gone this morning, in its place just some brown spotting.
Anyway the midwife at the hospital has said I can go in for another scan at the end of this week if I want to. She was nice but sort of said that they don't normally scan you unless you are really bleeding. I suppose I don't want to be wasting their time and am wondering whether I should go or not. Maybe I should just relax and wait for my 12 week scan in about 4 weeks?
Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks ladies :)

Definitely go. They wouldn't be offering if they had more pressing patients to see instead. Spotting can be totally normal and given that you saw a healthy baby last time, I wouldn't worry too much. But I'd definitely still go for the reassurance.

Hi ive had 2 very big bleeds one at 9+ weeks and one at 10+ weeks i had a scan each time as bleeds were very heavy and second bleed was with a big clot. Miracally baby is still alive after both heavy bleeds and couldnt find any bleeds show up on scan. Was told aslong as im not in any pain then everything will most likely be fine as i would definitely have pain if i was misscarrying naturally at that stage 9+ weeks. Im now nearly 13 weeks and have dating scan on monday. I have only just stopped bleeding after nearly a whole month! And alls still good. So i guess if you are not in pain all is well. Hope its makes u feel better that bleeding can still mean baby is fine. If you have been offered a scan definitely take that offer up. Though it never does stop you worrying only for a short time. Im still wearing sanitary towels just incase it happens again as mine were unexpected big gushes. Was really looking forward to not wearing these and all and wikk probably keep wearing then all though pregnancy haha.

Thanks for the replies ladies.:flower:

Just thought I would post an update - ended up going for that second scan a few weeks ago, when I was around 9 weeks pregnant. Again there was a heartbeat and baby was growing nicely.

I've continued to have brown discharge on and off every day or two since I was about 7 weeks. The past few days have had stringy brown discharge and even had a smear of red blood one day.

However, trying to stay positive, and have my 12 week scan tomo, so fingers crossed all will be ok....

Will update tomo xxx

Glad everything is okay so far. Good luck at your scan tomorrow. :flower:

All went well at the scan! :). What a relief! Baby is measuring 6 days ahead so am officially 13+4 weeks. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->