Spotting after a pap?

campn

Reaction score
Ladies, I had a routine Pap smear and now that I'm home I noticed some spotting, it's probably just related to the pap, or should I worry?

I hope it's just coming from my cervix and not my uterus.

My doctor advised me that any "trauma" to cervix in early pregnancy can cause spotting. By trauma she meant sexual activity and pelvic exam.

I am far from an expert, but I tend to think it is from the exam. I would call your dr. office to tell them and they can re-assure you.

Definitely related to the pap. I was bleed after a pap, especially if I get one while pregnant. You are super sensitive down there right now. I'll be getting a pap in the next few weeks as well.

Yup, I had one last week and spotted for a day after, my doc told me beforehand that would probably happen and NOT to worry. You're in the clear! :)

I had one done at 8 weeks and bled heaps, I'd never had a smear done during pregnancy before.

I probably spot every time after a pap smear way before TTC. In fact the first time the gyno told me I might spot for a day and that it's normal. But I don't think it lasted more than a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->