Spotting after period?

jcombs35

TTC #4
Reaction score
I had a normal, 7 day AF that ended 4 days ago. This morning I woke up and had some slight cramping, but went on about my day. I got home this afternoon and went to the bathroom. When I wiped, there was a streak of bright red blood. I don't have any panty liners, so I put a pad on so I could monitor it better. A small amount has collected on the pad. Maybe a drop or 2.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?

Possibly an ovulation bleed? Or have you had any *ahem* rough sex recently? :haha: :sex: :rofl:

Possibly an ovulation bleed? Or have you had any *ahem* rough sex recently? :haha: :sex: :rofl:

haha. Yeah, actually I have. We BD'ed 7 or 8 days before the spotting started, which was while I was still having AF. Then again on Sunday, which was 3 days before the spotting started.

Lmao! Well rough or not that *could* be it. How many days are your cycles usually?

They are usually 35 days. My cycles are usually very normal. But I skipped AF in June completely, then got it exactly 35 days after I should have started it. Then now I have the spotting. I think I really need to start temping and using opk's so I know when and if I'm ovulating. And I wish that ovulation, pms and early pregnancy didn't have so many of the same symptoms!! (Along with the possibility of cysts, etc.)

That's strange. Did you test in June when AF went awol?

Oh yeah. I went crazy with testing. Even went and got a blood test done. It came back negative as well as every other test. Had myself convinced I was preggo though for a few weeks. I was just getting relaxed about TTC again when this stupid spotting started. And of course the first thing that popped into my head was implantation bleeding....

When you want it so much, everything new is a symptom. I know, i've been there and will be again when we actually ttc next month.

Seeing as you're only cd11, and you normally have a 35 day cycle technically you wouldn't have ovulated yet. Idk. It seems weird to me that you'd suddenly have this spotting then nothing. I'd perhaps make a note of it, you could test in 14 days but i'd probably wait it out and see if AF shows her face. It's odd that's for sure. It's certainly not something i've experienced, generally I get spotting before my period, never really had it after :shrug:

What's your GP like? Is it worth a quick call?

I'm on CD 13 actually. But still, it would have had to have been extremely early ovulation for this to be implantation. Is it too late to start temping?

I have never temped, but personally i'd say it's never too late. Even if you don't know what's going on this cycle atleast you'll be in the habit for next cycle :)

Sorry my math is obviously sh*t today :haha:

It's okay. I have to keep checking the calendar to make sure. lol I am in the process of getting things checked out, because of the missed AF. I"m going tomorrow for blood work, and I"m supposed to go back to the doctor in 3 weeks, if they don't call me sooner.

I have 3 kids already, and implantation was never this heavy. With them, it was like just on the toilet paper after I wiped. This isn't heavy, but it is leaving drops on a pad. I don't know. I think I'm starting to over think things again which leaves me feeling very confused!! lol

And so now, it seems to have stopped! Ah well, I will let you know what it was, if I ever find out!! haha

Gah I hate the overthinking thing!! It always happens to me... I was terrible when I TTC Coralie. Thankfully we fell first month or else I think I would've ended up bald! I was so stressed.

You have three kids already and you're TTC number 4 :shock: :haha: You have much more patience than me! For a while I wasn't even sure if I wanted anymore children, Coralie has been such a handful. She's only started STTN recently :coffee: and I didn't think I could deal with two. How do you do it? You're like superwoman!

Well I never tried with any of the others. I just went with the flow and let it happen on it's own. I grew up as an only child, because all my siblings were older and moved out. So I've always wanted a big family. It's hard sometimes, and sometimes I do feel like I'm crazy for wanting another one. I'm far from a superwomen. Sometimes it's a struggle to get a shower in, and some times it's 3 pm and I realize I've forgotten to eat all day, but I love these little ones!

They make it all worth it huh :cloud9: I know that's how I feel about Coralie, it's mad, she can keep me up all night, i'll feel like i'm at the end of my tether then she'll just smile at me and my insides melt :cloud9:

Yep. Just when I'm ready to sell them to the highest bidder on Ebay, they do something that makes my heart melt. lol

Haha it's sneaky tactics!! Outrageous!

What do you have, boys/girls?

I have 2 boys, 7 and 9, and one girl who will be 5 in September.

How lovely :) What are you hoping for this time? Another girl to even out the numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->