spotting after positive test

tardis79

Reaction score
This has happened to me 2 months in a row now. Thought we were expecting last month, but then had a light period for a day (not normal for me). Had what seemed to be implantation bleeding earlier this week, took a test 2 days ago and got a faint positive (mine usually are faint). Took another test yesterday, still a faint positive. Today, I'm starting to bleed, nothing more than spotting so far, but I'm freaking out a little. I do have symptoms, and I normally don't have those with my period.

I keep getting faint positives on the tests no matter what brand, but still have a light period. I go for a scan Nov. 20. And my doctor doesn't want to order blood work, doesn't think its necessary.

I did have some bleeding with my first 2 pregnancies, around the time I would normally have a period, so I guess I shouldn't be worried to much. I did have a miscarriage is 2011, I think that has got me scared.

Anyone else have the bleeding and have a normal pregnancy?

The day after I got my positive with my 1st I started to bleed and I bled on and off for 14 weeks and it is an awful feeling very scary! But bleeding during pregnancy is quite common the only thing to watch out for is obviously if it gets dramatically heavier or if you are a negative blood group. I took a digital test and that made me feel a lot better but I would demand a scan in a week if it hasn't stopped because they usually need to know where the bleeding is coming from

I go for a scan in about 8 days, its been scheduled since I pretty much missed my period last month, I had light spotting for 2 days and thst was it. I have a friend who is a nurse that said sometimes a cyst will cause pregnancy symptoms and sometiems they can even cause false positive HPT'S. Hoping that isn't it. So far it seems like I'm getting my normal period, minus the horrible cramps, and the heavy bleeding. Guess I'll just have to see where this goes. I still have morning sickness, sore BB's, and those I don't normally have during my monthly.

I don't know anything about cysts so not to sure there, but I just tested every day to see if my tests were getting darker lol it helped keep my mind at peace.

I thought about doing that. In a way, afraid too. I did that when I had a miscarriage. Kinda scared of driving my self insane with worry. And not to into going out and buying more at the moment. I'm just in an angry, cranky mood. Not so much because of the bleeding or tests. I have a wisdom trying to come in and woke up with it swollen, think its infected. So not helping with my mood much. LOL Maybe I'll test in the morning, if my mood settles down.

Aw no that is no good about the tooth I hate wisdoms tere not nice it always makes me think about what babies must be going through when there teething the poor things. Maybe just do the one test tomorrow and see how you go but if your fine with waitin for the scan I'm sure everything will be fine. If your not having heavy bleeding or lots of bad cramps then I would say buns is fine but I do know how nerve racking it is

Well its looking like my normal AF, so far anyway. Woke up this morning with cramps, not as bad as usually get though, and it seems more watery than normal, weird. Oh well, guess it'll be back to trying again.

Maybe just test in a few days if af still isn't what you would call normal.

Yep, not normal, was over with Monday afternoon. And I still have sore BB"s and morning sickness. I may just buy a test, but I'll find out one way or another next Tuesday.

Well I did buy a test, it read positive, but the control window didn't do anything, so its an invalid. I think I just may go crazy before Tuesday. LOL

Aw that sucks! They really need to start working on improving tests these days I got two positive last month from the same brand only to not be pregnant! I think if you take a digi you should be fine. Just remember that bleeding is normal

Well, 2 more faint positives today, I took them later in the day. So that makes 4 total on 2 different test types. One test was the same I took last month, the result looked the same and we took it as an evap line last month. So I guess its possible I maybe farther along than I thought. Still don't understand why they aren't darker. Oh well, Tuesday is fast approaching! Fingers crossed, and I feel more hopeful than before.

Well it's good there is still something there! Tuesday isn't far away at all so fx your little bean is a sticky

I hope so, I don't think 4 different test would show up with a false reading or an evap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->