Spotting after sex?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
DTD with dh this morning and he has a browny smear on his boxers soz tmi and slightly when I wiped but hardly noticeable I've never had this before is this normal anyone else had this? X

Yes - it's just your cervix being a little irritated - but I admit it freaked me out so I ban OH from DTD until we have a scan at 8 weeks and I can see everything is ok, heartbeat etc. Rationally I know we can DTD - I just freak out with spotting.

I should add - my GP said that it wasn't necessary to stop and we should carry on...

Oh thank you that makes me feel better! It did freak us both out as the other 4 pregnancies I've never had it. X

I had cramping with sex with dh and brown discharge after a transvaginal ultrasound. So besides the ultrasounds the doc put me on pelvic rest. At least until I'm 9 wks.

I will also confirm that this is normal. I had this with my last baby who's now a perfect 5 month old and with this pregnancy. We just avoid sex or get me REALLY ready or use lubrication, to keep it from happening. It has stopped happening completely by 12 weeks, though, both times.

This is reassuring.. currently waiting to be seen at the clinic for mild cramping with brown spotting.. and we dtd the night before last so I'm hoping that's all it is.

It's very common! You can bleed for a little while afterwards I was told a week or so

Yeah well.. the doctor is making me take a week off work.. :( lots of brown discharge, but cervix is closed... he told me it could be that my placenta detached from my uterus slightly and that I need to give it time to reattach if that's the case.. going for an ultrasound sometime next week... fx'd everythings ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->