Spotting after sex

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
This has been a regular occurrence after sex when I go for a wee. I ALWAYS check when I wipe because I'm the type who tries to get as many folds out of my toilet paper as I can :haha:

At first when I realised it in September, I thought "oh gone a bit too rough" (sorry TMI), but then I found out that I was pregnant 2 weeks ago, which then I thought "that could have been a missed symptom and be my implantation spotting" but it's happened everytime, even last night at 7+3. It was only gentle due to not DTD for 13 days.

When I was pregnant with DD, I never experienced this but did have a heavy bleed at 14 weeks from a bruised cervix but this doesn't come close.

I've been reading online and it could be down to numerous reasons from lack of lubrication to STI's. We never struggle to lubricate (if we do, we use lube) and we've been in a 4 year relationship so STI's are out of the question. Any body else suffer with this?

I have not had any issues this time with that.

However, when I saw my doctor this week, he specifically mentioned that if I have spotting after the exam or sex not to get freaked out, that it is normal. He did say to mention it to him, but not to worry that it is normal after sex. So, maybe just either call or mention at your next appt?

He said to only worry about period like bleeding.

its my first pregnancy and i only spotted tan colored and once after sexual activity but that was in my 5th week of pregnancy. i did not ever spot again from it even though it seems to be common with others. as long as it isnt a heavy flow of blood, it should be ok

Spotting is pretty normal afterwards! I haven't yet, but last two pregnancies did almost every time, and it made me nauseous lol

I spotted brown for about 24 hours after sex at 8 weeks. It only happened once. We waited a week and haven't had any problems since. My doctor said as long as it's brown and just spotting, it's pretty normal after sex. Didn't make me freak out any less though...

Thanks for all the replies ladies.

This is speckles of red blood and diluted blood. Like if you manage to make yourself bleed after popping a spot, but seems to be enough to smudge across the paper. I can wipe at least 4 times and it'll be on the paper every time.

I have my first midwife appointment on 14th I'll bring it up to her when I see her. If we DTD anytime from now until then and it happens again, I'll try upload a picture of the tissue, it's hard to explain the exact appearance.

I had speckles of red blood (well a little bigger than speckles, more like fish food flakes) after sex around 7 weeks. It only lasted that night and by morning was gone. My Dr said its normal as the cervix is "excited" as she put t. It was also the only time it happened, so I don't consider it spotting or bleeding since it wasn't random and hasn't happened since.

I had a bright red bleed after dtd yesterday. It was more than how you describe yours. I was told to refrain from sex until 12 week scan and go to A&E if I get any more over the weekend. Thankfully I've not had anything since so I think it was us being a bit rough :)haha:). If it settles down quickly I wouldn't worry too much. I think lots of people experience this and as long as you don't have further bleeding you are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->