• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spotting at 11.5 weeks: trying not to worry :(

babytobe

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find a little encouragement. I'm fighting off a bunch of worried thoughts, but so far I think baby is still in there....

I'll be 12 weeks on Monday. Yesterday I noticed my lady parts were feeling a little bit funny for a short amount of time (kind of painful), and then later when I went to the bathroom, I had a few drops of blood and some brown spotting. It wasn't too much, but I wasn't expecting it and it scared me! I was nervous to go to bed, afraid that the next time I woke up there would be more. Thank goodness there hasn't been anymore, but I wasn't sure what to think or do. I didn't really have any cramping, except maybe a few minor twinges here and there in my lower tummy (which I've had already the whole pregnancy so far, and I think was just really noticing them now since I'm scared of miscarrying).

I've just been staying off my feet all day and trying to take it easy. I'm not sure why it felt irritated down there.... it wasn't my lower abdomen, it was definitely my lady parts! Anyone else had that? It didn't last long at all. And I can't think of anything that would have irritated it (haven't been dtd for a long time since I started feeling nauseous). The only thing I have been doing differently the last several days is some kegel exercises, because I read that it's good to start doing them now. Anyhow, I don't think that would've hurt anything. I did read that sometime around 12 weeks, when the placenta takes over, sometimes you can get some spotting. Right now I'm telling myself that's what it is. I haven't had any spotting at all up until now.

Anyone have some insight on this? Googling actually did help set my mind at ease a bit. I realized that a lot of women have had some spotting around week 12 and they end up okay. As long as there's no cramps or more bleeding I suppose I shouldn't worry too much.

I had spotting at 5, 9, and 13 weeks. Doc examined me and took a swab. Turns out I had an infection. Was given anti-biotics and have had none at all since. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant. Lots of women have spotting in early pregnancy and it turns out to be absolutely nothing but I would go to see your doctor to rule out infection and any thing else.

I spot, spotted in all my heathy pregnancy, even had clotting in this one, thus far all well. When's your scan?

I've had a couple of super light spotting incidents but immediately after sex. It's worrying. Don't have much advice but sending prayers your way

Is it possible your cervix was irritated?
Make sure though you always report and sort of bleeding to your care provider :)

Thanks for your responses ladies. Sorry mine is so late... it was such a long, rough weekend!...

Everything is okay thankfully, but I thought I might be miscarrying. Yesterday I went to the clinic and they found the heartbeat, and it's healthy and strong!

After that initial episode of spotting on Friday I was wiping some brown dried blood for the next two days, and some weird little white flaky things were coming out of me a couple times of day. I was so scared it was tissue. The doctor said it could've been anything..... and mentioned that many pregnancies start with a twin but then one twin "vanishes". Who knows what it was, but everything seems to be back to normal now. I'm SO THANKFUL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->