Spotting at 12wk 5 days

Nikki1979

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi all,

My NT scan was today and in the morning I started spotting. Its like dark brown/dark red blood and its only when I wipe. At my scan everything was good and baby is measuring on target with a good heart rate. I just don't know why I am spotting. I am scared that I will end up miscarrying. Did anyone spot and end up having a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks a lot

I had brown spotting at 15 weeks with my last bub. Drs couldn't give me a reason. Hes a healthy 15 month old now :)

I've had red blood and I'm 12 weeks and all is fine. It's a cervical erosion plus thrush. well that I'd what we are going with as the scan showed no reason for it. I have had spotting and bleeding in both my other pregnancies. All cervical bleeding not coming from womb

I had this at 15weeks with my first pregnancy and at 6 weeks with my second pregnancy. They was fine 😊

I would call the doctor as they usually want to hear about any bleeding and it will probably give you a piece of mind.

If your placenta is low lying then it can be the possible reason for your spotting.
check with your doc about your placenta position.

Thank you so much for replying. The spotting stopped overnight and started back in the morning when I started walking around. I have an appointment with my GP and midwife today and lets see what they say.

I spotted at 4 weeks pregnant due to ib and again at 8 weeks after my first appointment . I would ask if you had an internal ultrasound or a vaginal exam. Both can cause spotting. I spoke with my doc and she indicated as long as no cramping and not going through pads all is fine. Now 24 weeks pregnant with a little girl and anxiously waiting to meet her.

I had red blood every time I wiped from weeks 13 to 19 with my first. I went to the hospital 3 times for emergency ultrasounds if the bleeding got worse, but the baby ended up being fine. The bleeding just stopped one day and I had a completely normal delivery.

They couldnt really tell me a reason for the bleeding either, just that some people bleed and some don't. Sometimes its hormone related or if you have a thin cervix it can be more prone to injury from sex etc.

I hope it stops soon--seeing the blood, even a little, was awful :hugs:

Cant believe I didn't come back and update. My little one is almost 11 months old now so the spotting was just random :)

Cant believe I didn't come back and update. My little one is almost 11 months old now so the spotting was just random :)

He he. I saw this and thought congratulations on Nov and didn't you spot with no2? It's good to come back and update especially when it is happy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->