Spotting at 5dpo - 10dpo

MsAC

Reaction score
So here is a little background information about me.

I'm due to start my first round of clomid as soon as my period shows up.

After a lot of frustration with my cycles, my doctor concluded I'm having no and slow ovulation cycles. They are usually 60 days long.

Finally I ovulated, BDed then, as well.

My doctor excitedly told me to test in 2.5 weeks. Then test again at 3.5, and to call and make an appointment for a progesterone shot at 4 weeks missed.

At 5dpo I started to spot brown, light blood, that got a little darker, and had some red. I geared up for AF, thinking that my ovulation was useless, but optimistic for the clomid.

But the days went on and the flow didn't really increase, got a bit darker, then lighter, and went away at 10dpo morning. Came back with some pink, brown, tonight.

My question is, when this goes away, what is it? I usually spot for 2/3 days before my period, this was a week early, very soon after ovulation, (5dpo) and lasted So far for 5 days.

Normally, I cramp so bad, and bleed very heavy, for about 4/5 days, and spot for a day after.

So this is not my period.

I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago, and it was negative, @ 8dpo.

I'm waiting for 17dpo, and testing again. Then 24dpo, then making a call to my doctor.

Or my period will arrive next week, or I will turn up pregnant.

This post is going to be a journal for myself and others with similar issues.

Please chime in, all thoughts and theories welcome.

Symptoms: I've had severe and mild breast pain. Severe breast pain today. Also, nausea, and frequent bathroom trips. But I've been taking prenatals, so the nausea may not be anything. (No vomiting.)

It could have been implantation bleeding but it also could have been mid cycle spotting/bleeding from low progesterone. I had this on numerous cycles before I saw my naturopath for low progesterone 8 months after the herbal treatment my cycles were regular I started ovulating and after 3.5yrs we conceived our first baby! I hope in your case its ib and you get your bfp before the clomid.

It could have been implantation bleeding but it also could have been mid cycle spotting/bleeding from low progesterone. I had this on numerous cycles before I saw my naturopath for low progesterone 8 months after the herbal treatment my cycles were regular I started ovulating and after 3.5yrs we conceived our first baby! I hope in your case its ib and you get your bfp before the clomid.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the incite, if it's not ib then I'll have to talk to my doctor about my progesterone. It's nice to know that there are other things that may be happening.

I'm going to test within the next 5/6 days. Hopeful, but it's okay if I'm not.

Congratulations on your little one! 3.5 years of ttc, what a journey.

Today is when AF is due for me.

Yesterday I had brown red spotting, a little heavier than normal, and used a tampon just in case. It didn't fill it and I slepted without one last night, no accidents.

Today it's back to dark, dark brown. My cervix is way up I can barely reach it. Waiting to see if it comes down, and/or if AF actually starts.

Testing in 3 days if it doesn't.

CD 1 starts if it does. Clomid starts day 5.

Excited either way.

Hopefully you'll get your bfp!! Make sure to update!

Hi!

I know this is a little late, but this was really similar to my last cycle. Usually i spot a couple days after ovulation for a day then nothing until 2-3 days before AF. Last cycle I spotted from 2dpo till AF 9DPO. I was also just prescribed Clomid for late ovulation/short luteal phase 7-8 days usually. And this cycle on clomid I have had no spotting! I am 8DPO, hoping its a good sign, but I do think clomid can help with the progesterone/spotting issue.

I'll be sure to update!

So I had brown and red yesterday, ended up being less than the prior day. Mostly brown.

Took out the tampon, slept like normal, woke up and had no bleeding.

AF is suppose to be on day 2 today. No cramps, at all.

I haven't been temping everyday but I used to, and I'm usually low 97s and I've been 98.1-.7 for sometime now.

Nausea and sore breast still.

Testing Sunday, come on Sunday.

I hope clomid helps with this craziness, even though I've never spotted this long before, even with being irregular.

Keep me updated on your clomid process, too, hermajesty.

I guess I'm going to keep waiting until my period actually starts up.

I bled red for a small time, then a small bit this morning, but it stopped again.

No cramps, only sore breasts and nausea.

I'll go get a progesterone shot in a couple weeks if it doesn't do its thing naturally.

I took a frer test today, a day early, but still past AF due date. I'm suppose to test once more next week, but what's the point. Been TTC for almost 9 months and haven't even had the faintest glimmer of hope. Just evaps, or stark white nothing.

Good luck ladies.

MsAC- ahh that is so frustrating. Definitely how I was feeling last month with all the spotting. I did end up having one heavy day so I counted that as my cd1. Not sure if that helps at all. good luck

Well last evening 8dpo I had a very very light brown tinted cm and some cramping. Now this morning there is nothing but no real symptoms to report so not very hopeful but will keep you updated. I don't think I'll test until tomorrow or Monday I don't know yet. Not super excited haha.

After like 12 days of spotting I am finally on my period!!! I have never been so happy to see so much blood. Tmi sorry!

I ended up filling a tampon yesterday, it stopped then filled. I put in a larger one today and hoped for the best, and it over filled. So I'm officially CD2, and I take my first dose of clomid in 3 days.

I'm going to get a ferning test, and I have all my Digital opks waiting for me.

Here is hoping it finally happens for us!

GL to you hermajesty.

MsAC- at least onto the new cycle! And good luck with the Clomid!

Well.. I think my test is positive... but Im worried because I am still brown spotting. My body sure does love to stress me out! I am also worried about low progesterone (I normal spot all during my LP, but this round on clomid it has been significantly less), I called the doctor will see if they want to test. Also, I don't have a ton of symptoms, normal pre-AF symptoms and dizziness/fatigue but I guess we will see! My temps were quite erratic the last few days but today they were back up. I am 11dpo

Attachments

• IMG_8658.jpg
    IMG_8658.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 16

Well.. I think my test is positive... but Im worried because I am still brown spotting. My body sure does love to stress me out! I am also worried about low progesterone (I normal spot all during my LP, but this round on clomid it has been significantly less), I called the doctor will see if they want to test. Also, I don't have a ton of symptoms, normal pre-AF symptoms and dizziness/fatigue but I guess we will see! My temps were quite erratic the last few days but today they were back up. I am 11dpo

That is totes positive!! Congrats!! Try not to stress about the spotting. I had it with a couple of mine. Brown=old blood so that is good.

Looks positive to me!!! Go get a blood test, you could have break through bleeding, which is normal.

Take your vitamins!!! <3

I ended up getting a blood test! Just got the results. So hcg 92 and progesterone 31 at 11dpo! Today I'm 13 dpo and still having slight spotting not as often though so it must just be IB.

So crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->