Spotting at 9 weeks

Jennaxo

Caleb +1
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this? I never had any type of bleeding with my son but over the last couple of days I've noticed a bit streaked in my discharge (sorry tmi). Only notice it when I wipe but I'm so worried that something's gone wrong. I'm sure people are asking this question all the time but I can't help but ask.

Haven't got a midwife apppointment until the 29th, feels like ages away still and then even longer until the scan, I wish it would hurry up just so I'd know already.

Call your midwife or visit your GP and they should refer you to the early pregnancy assessment unit. It can be normal, I've had it through out my pregnancy and I'm 7 weeks now but I also have a small haemorrhage next to baby's sac.

Yes, call your midwife (the number where you called to book your first appt, even if you've not actually seen them yet, they'll know who you are) and get a referral to the EPU for a scan. It could be absolutely nothing, but if you'll worry about it, get it checked out. With my second pregnancy, I had a bit of spotting/light bleeding at 8 weeks, literally, went to the toilet, wiped and there was a small amount of blood, wiped again and it was still there, wiped a third time and it was gone. It turns out I'd had a missed miscarriage. I had very little other spotting other than that and never would have known if I hadn't had a scan. With my daughter though, I had a really heavy bleed at 10 weeks, like it was running down my legs. I also had a scan at the EPU and they couldn't see anything that would have caused it. I didn't have any more bleeding the rest of my pregnancy and she's 4 now, so obviously all was fine. It is really normal to get a bit of bleeding around 9-12 weeks when the placenta starts producing hormones, which is what they think might have caused my bleeding with my daughter. But for your peace of mind, I'd get it checked out. If you call today, they can usually get you in the next day or the one after that.

I am now a little over 7wks with my 5th pregnancy. 1st was a mc, second was my son (4), 3 was another mc, 4th was my daughter (2). I had zero bleeding with my son, with my daughter I had one decent spell of brick red bleeding somewhere close to 7wks along which no reason for was found and was a completely healthy full term pregnancy, and now with this one I had brick red bleeding from about 5+2 to about 6wks. Scared me to death and my ob drew bloods and did an ultrasound the day the bleeding started which showed healthy levels and a sac and yolk sac, they put me on light bed rest where I only got up and moved around when I had to, then they did another ultrasound almost a week later (bleeding had been stopped for 2days) and we say a little heartbeat of I think 125! I'm still nervous of course but was very relieved to see that little flicker! It's very scary but can be common in first trimester. They say to report ANY bleeding to your ob though, so they can keep a close eye on things.

I had bleeding at 9 weeks with my son, I hadn't had my booking in appointment at that time so I ended up calling NHS 111 (not sure where you are, so not sure if you have that) they got me into EPAU the next day where I was scanned and everything was fine, just a bit of irritation.

Get hold of your gp and they can refer you through to EPAU, it's likely nothing is wrong but the panic it causes is absolutely unbearable x

I had some spotting for now reason at week 6 then again at week 9. It was never more than just some streaking when I wiped but still scared me to death. No reason was found for it and my baby girl is kicking away happily in my belly as we speak at 25 1/2 weeks.

Always be on the safe side and call your provider. Better safe than sorry!!

I had it in my 5th week every other day till 6 weeks. Was discharge tinted with pinky blood then the next time i thought it was a miscarriage but it turned out fine in my case. It was coming from me. I had my scan last week (12 weeks) baby is ok and my ovaries etc seemed ok. So im guessing it was my cervix. You should be transferred for a scan at an early pregnancy unit or at least have your bloods taken to check. Keep us informed xx

Thanks ladies, going to try and get hold of my gp tomorrow. Have had so much going on this week, really didn't need this to worry about 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->