Spotting/bleeding at 15 weeks

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hope u can help as im feeling super stressed right now.
I am 15 weeks today and basically since around 8 weeks i have had spotting in all different colours/shades. It has mainly been on the tissue after i wipe. However on 2 occasions there was blood in the toilet.

As a result of this i have had 3 scans so far which were normal and no reason for bleeding was found.
Yday i bled a bit more than usual and panicked as it all came
Out onto my pad. Went a&e where they checked bloods, urine etc but couldn’t do a scan. The dr said she wasn’t overly concerned that it was anything serious.

I am booked in for a scan on Monday now but until then am so worried!!
Just to give u an idea, i could potentially keep the one pad on all day.
But the feeling of blood coming out is freaking me out!

Anyone experienced this? What could it be?

I had some bleeding at 12 weeks and it frightened the life out of me. They scanned me and found like a "bruise" inside my uterus which is still there and could cause me to bleed again. I don't have any ideas what could be causing your bleeding but you're doing the right thing ringing your doc each time so they can check.

It could be your cervix being irritated that's causing it, I doubt that would show up on scans.

Firstly I feel for you hun it can be such a stressful time having bleeding while pregnant I bled with all of my first pregnancy 2 into second trimester and the third right up until he was born. It is pretty common for there to be no cause maybe your cervix is extra sensitive as there is a lot more blood down there now and that is the cause. If it is not accompanied by any pain that is a good sign. I had subchorionic haematomas with all 2 of mine and that was what was causing my bleeding and then the third I had a placental abruption found in second tri. But discuss with your doctor your concerns that’s what they are there for as stress is not good for you either. I know it is 2 days away but hopefully they are very throrough on Monday for your scan and if there is something they find it. If not it may just be one of those annoying things and you will eventually get use to it happening.
Just rest this weekend and try not to stress to much.

I bled in in this pregnancy early on and had several scans. Initially like you they found no cause, which worried me more! Eventually they found a small sub chorionic haematoma which identified the cause of the bleeding. It may be one of these and it's too small to see on a scan. Lots of hugs, it's very stressful x

I had bleeding in my first trimester when I would go to the bathroom and wipe. It ended up being a subchorionic hemorrhage.

I also had bleeding with my last pregnancy, but that ended up being from an irritated cervix after sexy times with OH

Thanks ladies

It’s reassuring to know others have been through similar experiences- it definitely is scary! Especially as my other 2 pregnancies were pretty straightforward.

Last night i had quite bad stomach pains and couldn’t sleep. It was like every 10mins or so my stomach was tightening for 10 seconds or so. This seemed to make the bleeding worse ☹️

But in the morning once those pains settled the blood seemed to fade away but it was still there!

Feeling so fed up, whats going on?!

That sounds awful I hope u get some answers tomorrow what time is ur scan x

Its at 10am
I really am feeling quite nervous now tho!!!
Hope everything is ok with baby

Hope all is ok. If it's any comfort I had abdo pain, like BH contractions really early in my 2nd tri, very bizarre as previously only happened quite late on. Hopefully the pains are just that this is a 3rd pregnancy which can be harder.

When pregnant with my son I started having serious spotting at 11 weeks, was told by midwife to prepare for the worst, and then next day at my appointment everything was great. Went on to have a perfect pregnancy. Try not to panic, sending well wishes your way.

They could just be bh but hopefully you will get some answers st your scan. Good luck and will be thinking of you

Hi all

Scan was fine this morning- baby is good (thank god)
Could not see any reason for bleeding on scan so they had the dr examine me.

She checked cervix and said she could see old blood but everything looks fine. She said sometimes the cervix gets dry/irritated & that could be causing it.

So still unsure really but main thing ia baby seems fine ����

I'm glad your little one is fine! I hope the bleeding settles down, it must be very worrying even though you know baby is okay, bleeding is scary!

angelica,
i am going through this too! monday i had bleeding, but a lot at first so i went in, they did a scan and baby was fine and cervix was perfect. they said go on pelvic rest and that there might be some continued light bleeding but to call if its soaking a pad in a hour like it did at first.
the bleed became super light and was gone within 24 hours. i had cramping with mine though so that was really scary.
this is my 3rd pregnancy, my first i also had bleeding that ended me up in the ER twice, but they eventually decided it was a sub chronic hemotoma...

this time has been scary. i wish they could figure it out! today went really good until tonight, some bleeding again! so will message my doctor in the morning.

i totally know how you are feeling. main thing is our babies are okay!!! but the bleeding is scary and wish i knew why it was happening.

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately I lost my baby on 18th Nov at 16+2 weeks :(
I have posted in the 'Second trimester losses' section if anyone wants to read.

Thank you all for you love & advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->