Spotting during luteal phase

starrilicious

First time mommy
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this here as I am officially LTTC (4 years ntnp 14 months ttc).

I've been being really good sticking to my low carb diet and my period came last month after being absent 6 months after a mc. It was sort of odd with one week of spotting (pinky or a spot of blood only when I wiped) before my period starting and then being shorter, 4 days, instead of the usual 8-9 days.

This month I've started spotting again, 4dpo 6dpo

A little break down (I don't know when/if I ov'd so dates given):

17-20th Nov - Spotting
21 Nov - Super Light AF
22-23 Nov - Medium Flow
24-26 Nov - Light barely there
27 Nov-1 Dec - Spotting

then:
Spotting 4dpo/CD22 (12th dec)
Spotting 6-8dpo/cd24-26

CD26 is today.

My question is do you think this is a luteal phase defect, low progesterone or both and how easy is this going to be to fix?

Thanks for your help in advance

The ideal thing to do would be to temp and chart so you can see if there is in fact an lp defect, it might turn out you dont have one and nothing needs fixing. Have you had 21 day bloods to see how your progesterone is doing in the lp? Spotting in you lp ususally is a progesterone problem, but both of these can be fixed really easily with pogesterone cream during lp or in the case of a short lp and a defect, it can be lengthened using both progesterone cream and vitamin b6. I would try and temp first though to see what exactly is going on in the end stages of your cycle. If it does turn out that your cycle needs a bit of tweaking its far easier for a doc to see where iyou do need some help when you have all the facts ready for them.

Oh I have been charting I should have posted that really:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/starrilicious

My temps stay quite low...

Yeah mine stay quite low too but as long as there is a temp shift its okay. There is a couple of open circles there too so Im assuming you temped at a different time? I would be adjusting them so you can get a more accurate idea, you will be see soon if you have an lp defect, you may just need a bit of progesterone to suppost your lp better if you are spooting too early before af arrives. I would suggest you get 21 day bloods done too to see what its doing in the latter part of your cycle. Other than that your cycle is looking good, just may need a bit of tweaking at the end!:thumbup:

you do have painful sex? or lower back pain?

Thanks WannaB. I'm hoping it sorts it's self in time for Jan/Feb when we start TTC again.

No pain with sex Muncho but I have lower backache for about a week now.

My AF came today. So luteal phase was short 8 days not sure whats going on I've never had this problem before, never had a cycle so short either... this ttc lark is hard.

i had painful sex, light af, spotting and i have endo. had a lap in nov to get rid of most of it oh and raely had 'bright red blood' TMI, mainly it was browish...

dont want to scare you but just something to think about

starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* So excited to see you!* I wish it was us meeting in the pg section - but nonetheless we will get there soon.* Hope you get some answers soon at the docs.:hugs:

Hello!

Fancy seeing you here lol. Yes may both our stops here be short ones.

Star xxx

I've tried to post so many times now but it keeps going funny...

In an effort to help keep threads complete I thought I'd do an update.

AF started after CD26 making for a rather short luteal phase. it lasted 7 days which is about average but was very light and often more like spotting. So unsure as yet whats going on but I will know more next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->