Spotting for 3 weeks

unknown87649

Reaction score
I'm 7+2 today and I've been spotting for nearly 3 weeks, it started pink and for the past weeks or so its been dark brown, sometimes slightly burgundy/brown. It's not enough to go onto a pad, just when I wipe, but almost every single time.

I've been between home (UK) and abroad, since being pregnant I've been abroad and I'm currently waiting for my insurance to go through. I haven't been able to see anyone yet and I'm so scared.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:
Didn't want to read and run..

Are you having cramps with the bleeding? Brown blood is old blood so I wouldn't worry too much. I have read if it is heavy bright red and would fill a pad in an hour along with cramps you need to get checked.

Many woman bleed all through pregnancy and every thing does be ok. I would rest as much as possible and get an appointment if you are concerned.

X

I had bleeding on my last 2 babies and they were fine, I think along as your not in any pain it can be quite common x

I managed to get a private scan today, apparently everything is as it should be.. Measuring 6+6, they saw the yolk sac and fetus with a heartbeat. She also saw some 'abnormal endometrium' which could be causing the spotting.. I'm still worried, hopefully it clears up.

Didn't want to read and run..

Are you having cramps with the bleeding? Brown blood is old blood so I wouldn't worry too much. I have read if it is heavy bright red and would fill a pad in an hour along with cramps you need to get checked.

Many woman bleed all through pregnancy and every thing does be ok. I would rest as much as possible and get an appointment if you are concerned.

X

I've been having some side pain, but nothing too extreme.

I managed to get a private scan today, apparently everything is as it should be.. Measuring 6+6, they saw the yolk sac and fetus with a heartbeat. She also saw some 'abnormal endometrium' which could be causing the spotting.. I'm still worried, hopefully it clears up.

I had a scan today too and I'm 6+6! We must be due the same time :) in sure your fine hun I bled bad on both my babies and they were okay

Awww I can understand ure concern but for reassurance. Brown blood is old blood. I've had 3 Misscariges and with them I bled bright red blood and it was really heavy with clots. Also had bad pain the worst being the one I lost at 10+4 but even the earlier ones were bad and I bled heavy.

So happy ure scan went well and I'm sure if they had any worries they wud of said something.
It's also normal to spot in pregnancy.
Hope that gives you some reassurance hon

I had bleeding in both of my healthy pregnancies and everything was fine. Ironically the one pregnancy I had no bleeding turned out to be a missed miscarriage and I had a D&C at 12 weeks. Not a single spot of blood before that though. This pregnancy I had some brown spotting around 7 weeks but I haven’t had a scan yet so don’t know how things are. If you’ve had a scan and everything looks ok chances are you’ll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->