Spotting help please

Scrooples

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I was 5 weeks yesterday and have had a bit of spotting this morning. It was basically 1 small bit of blood and now pink discharge. I won't find out if everything is ok till they can scan me in 2 weeks. In my last pregnancy I had a couple of bleeds, the first at about 10 weeks and they said it was due to cervical erosion. If I had that once is there a good chance that I'll get it again in this pregnancy? I know no one can answer me for sure, I guess I'm just clutching at straws to try and make the next 2 weeks slightly more bearable!

Thanks x

There's a good few threads on bleeding on here so is check them out for more reassurance , if it's light and no pain is most likely everything is fine.

Hugs I hope everything is ok. I have no experience but :hugs:

I had a bit of bright red spotting/light flow for only one day for a couple hours. No pain or anything. This was at roughly 5 weeks. Everything so far seems to be fine and im 6 weeks 3 days and still super super thick and dark line on test. There has been no more bleeding since that day. Hopefully all stays good for you.

Thanks everyone. I did look at the other threads but couldn't see anything like I was asking about if it was more likely to happen in the 2 pregnancies. I've had no more since so fingers crossed! X

I had heavy Brown spotting for a week at around that time, nothing since. I'm now nearly 14 weeks and everything seems to be fine. But honestly it can go either way, I hope it stops soon for you xx

I remember somewhere around 5-6 weeks abit of brown cm after a bm. my pregnancy is problem free and I have 11 days left so you could well be fine :) has it stopped now xx

It was more red than brown, then pinkish cm for a few hours but nothing since so fingers crossed! I'm just glad I'm not having to wait till 12 weeks for my scan.

Yes I think if you already had a friable cervix you are very likely to have it again for the second pregnancy.

It's my first pregnancy but even before being pregnant I knew I was pretty sensitive cervix-wise and I suspected I could have spotting because of that during pregnancy and that's exactly what happened.

I had one episode of spotting in my last 2 pregnancy's both around 5/6 weeks this time I've had loads started at 5 weeks and had one around 18 weeks and probably every 7/10 days in between has usually been the odd red spot or two followed by a day of pink tinged mucus. So far so good I will be 20 weeks on Friday.

Hi, on my second pregnancy I had a little spotting between 5-6 weeks. I was terrified. Turns out it was a bladder infection. Might want to check that out with GP to be sure. DS2 was a trouble maker in the womb (only pregnancy where I had multiple infections) and out ;)

Yes I think if you already had a friable cervix you are very likely to have it again for the second pregnancy.

It's my first pregnancy but even before being pregnant I knew I was pretty sensitive cervix-wise and I suspected I could have spotting because of that during pregnancy and that's exactly what happened.

That's interesting actually, I've had quite a bit of surgery on my cervix and quite a lot has been removed. I wonder if that could cause it? I'll have to ask that when I next see my consultant.

Wow, I'm not sure how I'd handle this stress every week!

I don't think it is a bladder infection, but I'm seeing my gp on friday for my first appointment so I'll mention it then anyway.

Thanks everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"