Spotting in early pregnancy

4077girl

Reaction score
I know this isn't really where I'm supposed to post this but I just need to hear some positive stories. I told my doctor that I've had very small amounts of brown spotting since the beginning of my pregnancy. He assures me it's "common." but I feel like every story I read online with spotting they go on to miscarry. I just want to know if any of you had occasional very light spotting (doesn't even get I my underwear, it's just when I wipe) and went on to have a healthy normal pregnancy. My hcg levels doubled between my last two tests (48 hOurs apart) and my doctor just told me to come back and a month and it is common in early pregnancy.

Any positive experiences with spotting? I could use some!

i had spotting at around 6 weeks - i got an early scan and found everything was fine, the sonographer could find no reason for the spotting :shrug:

I would push for a scan but your doctor is right in saying it is common - it could be implantation bleeding - i'd had a previous mmc a few months earlier with no spotting at all which has made me a bit nervous/paranoid this time around

hope everything works out ok for you :hugs:

At about 5 weeks pregnant I started with brown spotting. Then I went to the bathroom one night and the toilet was filled with blood. I also had some bad cramping pains on the right side. My husband took me to the hospital because I was afraid I was miscarrying. While sitting in the waiting room though, the pain disappeared and I "felt better" although I was still bleeding. So, I went back home and planned to call the OB office in the morning. I was convinced there would be no baby though so I actually had a few glasses of wine and had a good cry. The next morning the doctor said if it was an early miscarriage nothing could be done. It was awful not having any reassurance!

So...I waited a week and took another HPT and it was still positive. A week after that I went in for my booking appt and my levels were just fine and my baby girl was still in there!!!

When I asked the doctor if there were any reason for the bleeding all she said was "sometimes women bleed"

Yep I spotted for about 10 days actually needing to wear a pad. I was about 6 weeks. I'm now nearly 33 weeks and have a mini gymnast in my belly. Don't worry but do push for a scan just for your piece of mind.
I was told at my early scan (6+5) I had a small dark patch which could have been a pocket of blood so not to worry if I bled lightly again. Some women have heavy periods throughout pregnancy and have healthy children, keep positive xxx

I spotted throughout my last one, and she is perfectly healthy and stayed in til 39 weeks

I had brown discharge during week 6 that turned into pink spotting during week 7, and passed a few clots... baby has been perfectly healthy. My OB never did figure out what caused it. Best of luck!

My mother spotted in early pregnancy with my brother, he's now 22. I'm sure everything will be ok. Good luck. :hugs:

I spotted all throughout my first pregnancy. Every other week or so I'd have brown discharge, pink twice and once it was orange!

Keep track of it and tell your doctor but please know its more common than we think and stop googling it! I drove myself crazy last pregnancy and I now have a perfectly healthy 16 month old son.

I spotted on & off from 4+2 until I hit 8 weeks. I was also told that my initial HCG levels were low but they did (slightly more than) double 48 hrs later so the doctor just let me see how I got on with things. I'll be 37 weeks along tomorrow, and haven't had any spotting or scares since =)

How many weeks are you when spotting??

I spotted at 6 weeks a few days very little when I wiped. Than at 9 weeks I spotted one day very little also when I wiped, both times was scary, no explanation for it, but in the end everything turned out fine thank God! Sometimes it could be normal & nothing to worry about especially if the doctor checks your baby & heart beat is good & you don't spot a lot.

I spotted too! If its brown old blood I wouldn't worry it's probably just your uterus pushing out all the left overs ready to grow your beautiful baba! I even had spotting two weeks ago! It happens unfortunately, doesn't put your mind at rest I'm sure but there are woken on here I know who spotted and sometimes bled their whole pregnancy! Please don't worry, stress will only make it worse hunny :hugs:

I spotted quite heavily a few days after my bfp and like one of the other ladies ^^ presumed it was all over and had a big glass of wine. I'm now over 35 weeks and baby is doing perfectly!!

In my first pregnancy, I spotted for the first few weeks. Unfortunately this ended up being a blighted ovum however, unlike you, my hcg never doubled so I kind of knew something was wrong.

The fact that your hcg is doubling is very reassuring. Try push for an early scan. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I spotted at 6 weeks for a week (brown) then again at 8 weeks ( brown again) then again on and off between 14-16 weeks. No cause ever found ( was scanned each time) they told me it was either a little bruise near the implantation site shedding old cells, or my uterus getting rid of old blood each time the baby had a growth spurt, but not to worry about it either way as long as it didnt become red, heavy, or be accompanied by cramps/pain. Xxx

I had brown spotting both pregnancies. Sadly, the first one ended in a miscarriage, although my hcg levels were not doubling and at almost 7 weeks when I had the spotting my hcg was only 195.

This time around, I had brown spotting that started around the same time. I was so heartbroken because I figured it was happening again. But my hcg was doubling so everything seemed ok. The spotting stopped for about 2 days and started again so they did an early scan - baby was there and totally fine! My hcg kept going up and the spotting stopped. They didn't have an explanation for it except it may have been implantation bleeding that just took its time coming out.

Good luck! I hope everything is ok!

Sorry i shouldnt be in 3rd tri yet but just sneaked a look!
I had bright red bleeds at 9, 12 and 17 weeks and paniced each time. There wasnt any pain as such but i did have kind of a light period pain backache each time if that makes sense? I called the docs and got sent to epu the first 2 times and dau third time. Each time they were lovely did really good checks and a scan and found bubs was fine. They foynd a small dark patch on the scan at 12wks that could have been the bleeding but other than that didnt see any reason or cause. Apparently some babies just like to frighten the life out of their parents before they even meet them for the first time!!
I would try and get seen on the epu, they know their stuff and will be great with you. Try not to worry, bleeding doesnt always mean the worst, everything will be fine :)
Xx

Yep I had bleeding at 6 weeks then again at 9 & 11. I had scan a 6wks to check for ectopic and baby was fine and was sent home. When bleeding started again at 9 weeks we were informed it had been twins but one had failed to progress past the very early stages. And the final bleed at 11 was when my body "cleared out" it was sad but we were both very happy we still had a healthy baby so bleeding doesn't mean it's all over.
I was told actually that a lot of the time the body takes a while during pregnancy to shut off the habit of having periods so if the bleeds work out around the time you would normally have a period that's possibly the cause. And as a lot of ladies have said brown is better than bright red as its old blood. As the uterus stretches it can sometime leak small amounts of old blood from inner folds as well. Odd I know but that's what we were told at hospital. Good luck.

I had spotting at around 18 weeks that was light pink and brown spotting at 24 weeks. The midwife told me that it sometimes happens when the placenta is moving/growing & the doctor told me to only be concerned when it's bright red and you lose about a cup full.

It's hard but try not to worry. Maybe focus on something else such as reading up on caring for a baby or researching what you need to buy for nursery online.

And, this is the best place to ask questions because we have the most experience :)

I spotted at six and ten weeks this time. I'm due in less than two weeks! If the blood is old that's a very good sign. Get him to send you for a scan so you can see the heartbeat which is so reassuring. Bleeding is really common but I know how scary it is. Scans will make you feel 100 per cent better.

Thank you very much! This has helped so much. I feel like all I've found is bad stories. I know I'm still at risk but I was getting into the mindset that I had no hope and almost just wanting to give up, but this makes me feel much better.

I'm just five weeks tomorrow so I think I'm going to try to wait as long as I can stand before I try to push for an early scan. Trying to make it to 7-8 weeks, but time is going by so slowly. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy my pregnancy instead of just bracing myself for miscarriage all the time. I get upset when my partner says anything about "the baby" because I'm too scared to think that way :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->