Spotting in early pregnancy

One thing I did that really helped me -- while I was waiting for the results of my 2nd blood draw, I went out and bought a little sleeper for the baby. I'm not one to keep my pregnancy tests or anything, and buying that had a two fold purpose for me. One it forced me to think a bit positive, going into the baby section of the store, telling myself that I BELONGED there, and buying something for MY baby to wear. But it was also something tangible for me to remember this pregnancy, no matter what the outcome was. I had no clue what those HCG results would be, but I needed something physical that could help me remember what that time was like!

With my DD I spotted at 5 weeks, 10 weeks, 16 weeks and quite a lot in third trimester, I never had any sickness and worried I was going to lose her but she was born a big fit and healthy girl and I was actually stressing out this time as I never spotted!! Try not to stress about it, usually it is common for a bit of spotting and fingers crossed you have a h&h 9 months ... congratulations x

I started spotting at 5weeks and spotted off and on until about 16 weeks and there was no cause that my dr could find. I think spotting is a lot more common than we realize although it is very scary. Just keep your dr informed and get it checked out for reassurance. :hugs:

Sweetie of course your scared! We were all in the same position and every one of us was too its impossible to not be hunny. But good things happen too! I would definitely wait until 6 weeks If you can an I only say that because I'm a late ovulator and they misdiagnosed me with an ectopic and I was taken for surgery! Thankfully someone noticed my hcg didn't match my scan pic and the head sonographer ordered a nurse to come find me for a re scan at the 11th hour! Whole other story I know but it happens, mine was a hemmoraghic cyst they mistook for the foetus. They will always date you from lmp initially and I was actually about a week behind where I should've been visually. Hence why they got it wrong. I'm of course not saying it will happen but give them and yourself the best chance to be able to see what they need to bubs is soooo teeny after all :hugs:

I had brown spotting (and pink/red spotting a few times) from right before I found out I was pregnant until about 7 weeks, so total about 3 weeks. I'm 33 weeks now and have a healthy pregnancy, so don't worry too much. Unless you have cramping and/or red bleeding I wouldn't get too paranoid

I have had anything from light spotting to a heavy period like bleed in all my successful pregnancies. The only pregnancy where I had no spotting at all at that same stage was the one that ended in a missed miscarriage. It is now suspected I have slightly low progesterone not enough to end the pregnancy or cause any major major problems but enough to cause all this 'breakthrough' bleeding. With my eldest I bled/spotted constantly from week 5 to week 12, with my others it was more intermittent but with my youngest and with this pregnancy I had such heavy bleeding at one point I convinced myself it was all over. Please do not worry, it really isn't worth it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->