Spotting, need some words of encouragement - UPDATE FROM SCAN!

bumbleberry

Reaction score
I've started spotting today, it was very faint earlier on and I thought it had subsided, however I've got home and been to toilet and it's darker brown. I'm not feeling positive especially since it's the exact same day (9w4d) in my pregnancy as my previous miscarriage last year. I'm going to ring midwife in morning but I'm expecting the worst, given this may be my 5th miscarriage, I'm not sure I can do this again.... :cry:

Please has anyone any positive stories they can share?

Last pregnancy in 2015 I developed a small hemorrhage that was visible at 8 weeks. I was told it wasn't of concern and that I may experience bleeding. About 10 days later I had a small dark red leak. Followed by pinkish and brownish spotting for about 10 days. At my 11+1 ultrasound I was told it was not visible anymore.

Darker brown is old blood. My friend had spontaneous bursts of bleeding every other week in her pregnancy including the week she gave birth her wee boy was fine. Try and not stress yourself. Have you had a scan this pregnancy? I am so sorry for your previous losses xx

Darker brown is old blood. My friend had spontaneous bursts of bleeding every other week in her pregnancy including the week she gave birth her wee boy was fine. Try and not stress yourself. Have you had a scan this pregnancy? I am so sorry for your previous losses xx

That's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Yes I've had a scan at 6 weeks, strong heartbeat measuring exact etc. I've also been taking metformin to see if that will make any difference. I had an early scan last time as well but didn't matter. I've been getting investigations for recurrent miscarriage and all came back ok so it's down as unexplained which doesn't help really.
I had my midwife booking appointment last week and I'm being referred to consultant due to being high risk but it won't matter if I lose this one beforehand.

Yes I've had a scan at 6 weeks, strong heartbeat measuring exact etc. I've also been taking metformin to see if that will make any difference. I had an early scan last time as well but didn't matter. I've been getting investigations for recurrent miscarriage and all came back ok so it's down as unexplained which doesn't help really.
I had my midwife booking appointment last week and I'm being referred to consultant due to being high risk but it won't matter if I lose this one beforehand.

Aw hun I'm so sorry you've went thru that. My SIL best friend had 3 miscarriages at 11 weeks then a perfectly normal one and now has a little boy please stay positive xxxx

I'm sorry you're having another scare. I spotted with my son when I was 5 weeks along. It's just one of those things that is so, so, so normal, but you never know. I have everything crossed for you!

Thank you both :hugs:

I had some more spotting this evening, more red in colour but it has eased off. I don't have bad cramping or anything so trying to stay positive. Will be ringing midwife in the morning and see what she says x

Aww, hopefully it's all fine. I spotted off and on my whole first trimester and into 16 weeks with my son - he was born healthy at 41 weeks.

What was it like during your previous MCs? Was it similar to what you're experiencing now or were there difference. I've had slight brown bleeding but everything I've read says it's normal so I don't worry too much. Although this is my first pregnancy so I don't know what it's like to experience a miscarriage. FXed for you

What was it like during your previous MCs? Was it similar to what you're experiencing now or were there difference. I've had slight brown bleeding but everything I've read says it's normal so I don't worry too much. Although this is my first pregnancy so I don't know what it's like to experience a miscarriage. FXed for you

Two started with bright red blood, and the most recent two started with brown spotting.

Still spotting brown, have no cramps though. Will ring midwife later and see what she says.

please keep us posted bumbleberry.. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that your lil one is ok :hugs:

Thanks Amber, I left a message for my mw earlier but haven't heard anything back so rang the hospital direct. I have an appt for a scan on Thursday at 3pm. The spotting has eased off and it is very light and only when I wipe, so I'm hoping it's going away and all is ok...

I'm wondering though, I turned sharply in bed on Sunday night and I felt some sharp round ligament pain which really caught my breath, can this trigger any spotting? <clutching at straws!>

I had spotting on and off throughout both of my pregnancies, and I never did find out why! But both of my girls are here, and healthy. :hugs: to you, I know how worrying it is! Xx

Quick update! I heard a heartbeat on my doppler!

I didn't want to try as I had tried it a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing but knew it was too early so put it away. Curiosity got the better of me so thought I'd give it a go and I found it, it sounds like galloping horses and pretty strong, my OH heard it too!

Still no further bleeding or anything. I'm hoping this means everything is ok!!

That's awesome :happydance: .. I think I want to get one of those doppler things. Going to have to go look on Amazon. Is there any that's better than the other?

Have you had your estrogen levels checked? My gf would get pregnant and miscarry every month, turned out all she needed was a little shot of estrogen

quick update! I heard a heartbeat on my doppler!

I didn't want to try as i had tried it a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing but knew it was too early so put it away. Curiosity got the better of me so thought i'd give it a go and i found it, it sounds like galloping horses and pretty strong, my oh heard it too!

Still no further bleeding or anything. I'm hoping this means everything is ok!!

congrats mama!

I'm glad everything is okay!!! I hope it continues that way!!

Had my scan today and everything is spot on :happydance: :cloud9:

Measuring perfect at exactly 10 weeks and a strong heartbeat. I feel like a weight has been lifted!

IMG_7159.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"