Spotting on and off for third week now??

Kalena123

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant and had started spotting at 6 weeks with brown discharge for a couple days, then it would stop for a couple of days and start right back up again and has been doing that on and off to this day. Only today I had a very faint peachy brown color watery discharge. I had a blighted ovum miscarriage back in the beginning of march and I fear I am heading down that road again.

I have had absolutely no cramping and I have awful nasea and sore breasts. In other words, I feel super pregnant. I am just wondering does it look like I'm going to miscarry again? With my last miscarriage it all happened within a week and a half (brown spotting for a few days, then pink, red, and then clotty). That's why I'm so confused with this.

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Hun, my best friend had exactly the same and is now in her third tri. She spoke to midwife who referred her for a early scan to put her mind at rest. Sending love x x

I had a mmc for which I had practically no signs and then with my rainbow I started bleeding at 8 weeks bright red, I was devastated thinking it was happening again went for an emergency scan and everything was fine. Two weeks later I then started bleeding brown blood and lots of it again convinced myself we were losing the baby but another scan showed everything was ok. I then carried on bleeding for the best part of two weeks it was horrible.

Is it possible to have an early scan. I was spotting for ages when I had my miscarriage. The whole process took over a month which was annoying as I hated being in limbo. At least that way they might know what is causing the spotting.

Spotting doesn't mean miscarriage at all. I have bled and spotted in all my pregnancies. Can you not phone the early pregnancy unit? They will more than likely have you come in for a scan just to check the baby over and make sure all is ok. I had some bright red spotting at 8 weeks which was quite worrying. I went for a scan, and the baby was fine with a lovely strong heartbeat. They said they couldn't find a cause for the bleeding, but i didn't care at that point because my baby was fine. Luckily, i've had no more since. There can be a few reasons why you could be spotting. It could be that your cervix are irritated, also if you have had sex that can cause a bit of spotting too. x

Thanks ladies. The midwives actually happened to call me yesterday and they've scheduled an ultrasound for me this Friday morning. I will let you know what I find out then.

Prayers to us all and our little miracles!

Good luck hope all goes well...

Good luck! Have also had on/off spotting, but I've had a scan at 8 weeks, and another at 9 weeks (one dating, and one to check the spotting). Both showed a perfect, healthy baby!

There's a baby!

Measuring right on time: 8weeks 6 days (2.5cm long)

Heart rate: 180bpm

Due date is right on my birthday: March 29

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
Oh yay!!! congrats!! :happydance: did they say why you were spotting?

So glad to hear it! Congratulations to you and your little peanut!

Thanks ladies! I asked her about the spotting and she said there really is no definite answer - it's just one of those things (a different pregnancy, could be hormones, or from the uterus stretching).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->