Spotting stories pls (good ones..)

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
I’ll be 6 weeks on Tuesday I think. All was going well until about lunch time yesterday I had some brown discharge. I didn’t have any bad pains or anything. Just the usual twinges in one side and period type cramps that were easily ignored.

A little later I had pink discharge once when I wiped so I left work and went to the doctors who has booked me a scan for Monday morning. He said it was good that I wasn’t in any pain (he felt around my tummy etc).

Today I have had pink when wiping again only once and the rest has just been tiny brown spotting. Can anyone tell me any of their spotting stories to put my mind at ease?

I never had it with my son and I am trying to stay positive because I’ve not lost any clots or seen any red blood or had any severe cramping which is how all my miscarriages started.

Congrats on six weeks! I had spotting with my First and third pregnancy. Everything turned out great! I have had, brown, red, pink spotting with both. I hope your Dr can reassure you! Once I saw the heartbeat I felt so much better!

I had spotting with my son once at 7 weeks, all was well the entire pregnancy didn’t spot again.

Currently Approx 6 weeks and had pinky brown spotting so called doctor and they arranged a scan. They think I’m actually a little earlier than 6 weeks as you could only see the yolk sac on the scan, so I’m having a follow up scan on Friday. I did initially get worried but I had a google and I found hundreds of posts saying at 5-6 weeks baby is difficult to see on scans but at 6-7 weeks it was easier. I also found a lot of info saying between 5-7 weeks a lot of women spot. So it seems to be a common time for spotting without any reason for concern.

I’ve had spotting on and off since I first had it a few days ago, but I’m a lot more optimistic about it now I’ve read on how common it is.

I think being pregnant a second time must make everything a little more sensitive too!
Could be hormones, late implantation spotting (browner blood is older blood), could have just got a bit irritated, from sex etc, or even from straining on a bowel movement, and a huge number of very harmless things!

I’d say if you’re not having any pain or any bright red blood, that’s a good sign.

Let us know how your scan goes! Xxx

I have had a god awful cough/flu for days now. In fact all underneath my breasts is bruised from how much I’ve been coughing so I wonder if all that straining could maybe have caused it

Yup I had spotting exactly like that for 8 days in a row at 6-7 weeks, then again at 9 weeks and again at 10 weeks. All ended up being fine, my midwife said the baby can cause implantation bleeding up until 8 weeks, and if you have a sensitive cervix that can also cause spotting even from light exercise. I used to have spotting after even a short 10-15 minute walk!

I hated seeing it though and I know how scary it is. Hopefully it will stop soon! :)

I've had spotting or outright bleeding with all of mine. Bright red spotting just once with Mianna around 6-7 weeks. It's been 9 years so I don't remember when. Early, though.

With Andrea, one episode of very heavy (running down my legs after soaking through a half-inch of paper towels 'cause I was at work) BRIGHT RED bleeding. Suspected that I'd actually torn a blood vessel near the cervix straining in the bathroom several minutes earlier.

Jeevan, I had brown and red spotting, but not enough to fill a pad. Suspected to have come from the vanishing twin. That was early in the 6th week.

Kate was just brown and red spotting with no apparent cause.

This baby, I bled red on and off for days starting at 6 weeks and going through week 7. Pea sized clots and lots of blood at times, filling a pad in a hour one morning. Lots of cramping, and a night of what felt like contractions - gathering pain, rising pain, peak, decreasing pain, it was like labor if my labors hurt less. I gave up on the IVF office and saw my OB at week 9 and she diagnosed the SCH that was causing it. Why the IVF clinic didn't say anything, I don't know. I would have been a lot less worried if I had known where it was coming from.

Each of these, except possibly Jeevan, were probably due to the embryo burrowing deeper and the placenta beginning to form and attach to the uterine wall. Spotting around the 6-7 week mark is most likely due to that, though it's hard to know even with an ultrasound because everything is tiny and hard to see. The SCH is why I kept bleeding with this baby.

It is possible to bleed in a healthy pregnancy, but I know I still freak out every time.

Thank you everyone. I feel a little less worried now. I haven’t had any overnight so just got to hold out now and see what happens today.

I had various spotting/bleeding with all three of my children, varying in colour. With DS2 I had awful pains on one side for quite some time, into the second tri, but he was fine. With him they thought sex was triggering it, so we stopped for a while. Sometimes your cervix can be easier irritated when pregnant. Most of the time spotting doesn't mean anything awful. Good luck at your scan :)

I had bleeding at 5 weeks 2 days with the pregnancy. I didn’t have any bleeding with my daughter so I went to the ER. I just wanted to know if I was miscarrying or not. They did my hcg levels which were great at over 4000. They did a pelvic exam and I was closed and the bleeding seemed to be coming from the outside. I had a scan and since I was early, there was an empty sac. They also said they saw a subchronic hematoma and that was the cause of the bleed. I bled for about 9 hours total and it stopped. I never had any cramping. Went in on Monday for a repeat draw and it was over 7000 so I was definitely still pregnant. Had another pelvic exam the next day and had some brown discharge but said everything was still closed. Had a follow up scan at 6+6 to make sure everything was still growing. Here, that “hematoma” they diagnosed me with was really another sac, I’m having twins! Both had heartbeats and all was fine. So we still have no idea why I was bleeding and I haven’t had anymore since.

I had what i thought was a full blow period when I was 4 weeks - so much so that we didnt find out that I was pg until nearly 6 weeks! Had a scan yesterday and saw a lovely little blob - with a lovely beating heart! I was terrified that something was wrong!

How far are you now? I’m wondering how much I’ll see today. I’m trying to stay realistic because I know I might not see a heartbeat today but I’ll feel so much better if we do

Update

My scan was okay. I have a cyst on my right ovary which apparently occurred because it bled on itself after the egg was released. thats what hurts but isn’t what caused the bleeding. They don’t know why I bled but think it could be because of implantation. I’ve got to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to see if a) the cyst goes down and b) how baby grows.

That's really good news :)
I had a cyst on my ovary with DS2 and it caused me a lot of pain until the second tri, but eventually it went away. It's harmless, but a pain in the ... uterus. Did you see the heartbeat or are you a little too early?

A little too early so they’re going to check at the next scan for me. It hasn’t really caused me too much pain but I was hoping they’d say that was why I bled, I’d prefer to have a reason but I’m still none the wiser. They said if it doesn’t go down then it isn’t a problem and they’ll leave it alone unless it then becomes a problem but it should away on its own eventually.

Feel so much better having seen baby though. I hate the first trimester. You always think you’re gonna get to the 12 week scan and someone’s gonna scan you and tell you you’re empty and that you’re just crazy lol.

Sometimes they can't find a reason for bleeding, I didn't have any reason to. They advised during DS2's pregnancy to avoid sex as it seemed to trigger it, but with the other two children they couldn't find a cause.
Most cysts just go away on their own. Mine did eventually

I've had spotting for the last week thats been getting worse but not enough to leak out, just when i wipe or check, and it's started to look like the lining coming away, and then my progesterone results came back decreasing, went from 19.23 to 10.07 in a week, so that is the cause of it for me. I've just started on progesterone pills today so FX.

It’s amazing how strong our babies are clinging on through it all! I feel so much better having seen it now though. At least they got it sorted for you and picked it up quickly

I'm sorry they couldn't find where the bleed is coming from, but I'm with you - it's probably ongoing implantation.

Hope it ends soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->