Spotting vs miscarriage

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
I’ve had light bleeding for over 4 hours now. Started light pink and now light red. Still super light, just when I wipe. I don’t have cramping. But I have had a stretching, tugging feeling most of this pregnancy. I’m only 4.5 weeks.

How do I know what’s normal? I have no family nearby and my husbands away. This is my third but I’ve never had spotting before. Can anyone help?!

It can be normal to have bleeding in early pregnancy. Keep and eye on it and if it continues tomorrow I'd call your dr

You need to be seen to be monitored. I mean at your stage there isn’t much that can be done except wait and see. In around 1/2 weeks a scan might shed some light...

I had spotting/light bleeding in the first trimester with my son and it turned out to be a small sch (hematoma) and he is done now. Honestly at this stage it could go either way.

Blood tests over several days may help give some answer if that’s an option for you?

well definitely call your doctor because any bleeding or spotting needs to be addressed - you could potentially just be anemic - which is easy to fix!! BUT to ease your fears (and as this was happening years ago I remember thinking “if this baby ends up healthy I’ll tell everyone we survived the bleeding!”) when I was pregnant with DD I had major spotting, before BFP, during the first few weeks, that became the first few months, and then even throughout second trimester. Red and brown blood - and not just little dots - almost like a light period. Although spotting isn’t “normal” it did happen to me and happens to 20-30% of women. They never found a cause nor a solution for me, but my daughter is now nearly 5 years old. I’ve been spotting with this pregnancy too, but haven’t paid it much mind as my doctor says again they can’t find anything wrong....

Check in with your physician, but try not to worry, I definitely had bleeding that early and all ended up just fine :hugs:

I would call your doctor. It can be normal but always best to check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->