Squatters rights?

highhopes19

Reaction score
No I'm not gonna become a squatter:haha:.

There's a house over the road from us and the people have moved out (it's a private rented 3 bed) and left all the doors unlocked windows open etc. it's one of them doors you just open and let yourself in iykwim.

Earlier on a few kids had noticed and were sitting in the front room on the sofas :dohh:. As they belong to the landlord I imagine.

But it got me thinking, surely ny old random person could enter that house now and have the locks changed and live there as a squatter am I right or am I wrong :shrug:.

Just laying in bed and it made me wonder lol

They could until the police show up....... :winkwink:

Feel like being an upstanding citizen?

If someone claims 'squatters right' the police can't do a thing.

It has to go to Court to prove ownership & get them evicted. If after the court order is served & they dont get out, then the Police can get involved.

It's illegal to occupy the house if you personally break in but if the doors open then its fair game. What they do is send a 'friend' to break open the door & walk off. 2nd person walks along & low & behold the dors wide open.

I watched a program on it, they did it to a old man who had gone to the shops, a family who were on holiday & a man who renuvating a £1mil house. It took them months to get the hous back & they had caused £1000s in damage.

Me personally, I would go work whilst 10+ big men (that I didn't know about of course) went around.

I'd be to scared to do anything like that I was scared enough going over there last night to get the kids put Incase I got done for burglary :haha:. The back gate was open, back door closed but unlocked (that's how the kids got in) the ran over the back dense when I asked what they were doing.

The tenants left because the landlord had put the rent upto £1000 a month.... Yes you read right £1000 a month :nope:.

All furniture is in there, they've took the stuff they wanted but left loads.

Hmmmmm...... My angel side of me is thinking "no you can't do that holly that's horrible it's not yours" but naughty holly is thinking "I've had enough living with my parents now renting privately (as you can see) is blooming exspensive I could move in and live there"

:muaha:

Squatting sounds really easy but it isn't unless there is a group of you as someone needs to be in all the while as if the house is unoccupied the police will just chuck your stuff in the street and change the locks. You need a copy of section6 pinned to the outside door you also need to send mail to yourself so you have proof you are living there you also need to ring round gas,electric, water and tell them you are living there and start paying. There is other stuff you should do as well but all the info is on google. I am not promoting squatting but in dire circumstances i can understand why people do it not like these posh kids who squat huge expensive places just to rebel though.

Where do you live? Is it a nice house? Fully furnished ;)

I live in Kent Hun, it's a new build about 3 years old fully furnished..... Lovely furniture Aswell lol

Why you moving in and gonna be my new neighbour? Lol

I phoned my oh at work and told him about living there he thought I was mad and hung up haha

I live in Kent Hun, it's a new build about 3 years old fully furnished..... Lovely furniture Aswell lol

Why you moving in and gonna be my new neighbour? Lol

I phoned my oh at work and told him about living there he thought I was mad and hung up haha

I may claim my own squatters rights :haha:

To claim squatters rights the people would have to have squatted there for a certain amount of days, they cant just walk in and say squatters right or squatters would be taking over everyone's homes when they walked out to go somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->