Squishy bump = Baby dropping?

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Ive noticed for about a week give or take that the bottom of my bump is growing this squishy fat-like pouch....i googled (of course) and a majority of people said this happened to them when there baby dropped. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I know shes low and head down she has been for awhile now...but is it possible that she's dropped? And what exactly does that mean...is that the same as "engaged"? And someone please reassure me that im not going to go into labor anytime soon just because she dropped..I always figured i'd have her early but not this early!

Sorry hun I really don't know! I noticed something similar yesterday, and then looking in the mirror last night I did notice that my bump looked lower than it did a couple of days ago, so I guess it could be dropping/engagement. This is my first so I'm not sure really!

I think dropping/engagement normally starts happening 2-4 weeks before delivery. Of course that's just average and plenty of people fall outside of that range, so even if she's engaging now it doesn't mean you'll meet her quite yet!

Sorry hun I really don't know! I noticed something similar yesterday, and then looking in the mirror last night I did notice that my bump looked lower than it did a couple of days ago, so I guess it could be dropping/engagement. This is my first so I'm not sure really!

I think dropping/engagement normally starts happening 2-4 weeks before delivery. Of course that's just average and plenty of people fall outside of that range, so even if she's engaging now it doesn't mean you'll meet her quite yet!

Thank you. I have an appointment Thursday guess i could ask my doctor to see what he thinks but i hate asking him questions he always makes me feel like i should have known that or something..I see 3 different doctors they rotate so i can get to know all of them cause any of the 3 will be delivering my baby, whichever is on call when i go into labor, and i usually save all my questions for when i see my other 2 doctors they have more bed-side manner and dont believe in stupid questions..

and thank you so much for the reassurance...part of me knows its just a myth but i keep having dreams that she comes early like NEXT WEEK (36 weeks) early and i know thats not dangerous but its still a whole month early and it scares me thinking about her having to stay even 1 day in ICU without her mommy...i couldnt handle it id be on the edge of my seat the entire time crying uncontrollably!

(if you end up coming back to read this sorry i kinda rambled your head off lol)

Don't worry about rambling! I was a horrible rambler pre-pregnancy and I'm pretty sure pregnancy just made it worse ;)

Just figure out the best way to approach the doctor about it -- like maybe ask what dropping or engagement feels like, or if they are the same thing. When does your doctor(s) start checking for dilation, effacement, engagement, etc.?

I'm pretty sure there going to start that at 36 weeks cause thats when my appointments become weekly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->