stabbing pains, thrush or let down how do i tell

soootired

Reaction score
I have exclusivly? lol breasfed now for 5 weeks and all has been easy. Today i have been having stabbing pains in my boobs (both) after feeding for an hour or so, never had this before and have general tenderness. My babs has had a growth spurt last week so not that but has recently gone to englands time frame not austrailia and now sleeps at night. So this means her cluster feed has changed from morning to in the evening and she cleaned me out earlier. Could this be causing a painfull let down of could it be thrush, i do have pink nipples and babs has bee on antibiotics???

I don't know. I've had thrush... it gave me the stabbing pains, but not the tenderness.

Great, though, that your LO is allowing you more sleep...

Sounds like thrush. And teh antibiotics probably triggered it.

I always have pain during a letdown, but it's usually not bad. But when the thrush invaded my milk ducts, it HURT with every let down. And the sore nipples are probably from the thrush too.

The baby was on nystatin for almost 6 weeks, and I was using lotriman, No use. Kept coming back. I started taking several (6) chewable acidophilus tablets a day and letting the baby lick them a little, and we both cleared up in about a week and a half. Still had to put lotriman on my nipples, though, and swab the babies thrushy spots with some white vinegar diluted in water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->