Stage 2 weaning? I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Shortstuff88

Mother of a beautiful boy and gorgeous girl
Reaction score
We weaned our son at 23 weeks and I don't want him to be having just purées for too long but I'm not sure what to do as the next step.

Is it best to just mash some foods first. Like bananas and stewed apples? Or give things like grated cheese and carrots? And when is it best to introduce things like rice cakes, baby cookies, etc?

Also when should I introduce cups of water?

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing!!

I am in the same boat as you! I am just starting to move from puree's and move from 1 meal a day to 3 :S I just found out LO will chew small soft bits of chicken in mashed peas, gave her some soft small bits of banana this morning and will try egg yolks with lunch. Hope someone "experienced" will give you more advise.

mines 9 and half months

i started with a sandwich for his tea, and he got on really well, i picked one meal to experiment with the new stuff and left the rest as puree to ensure he was feeding overall
then introduced toast / hard boiled egg/ banana/ rusk / cooked carrot batons./ brocolli etc
i went through about 5 sippy cups, and in the end ikea do them for 99p and they have no flow in them which is great as they go all down them but it does help them to master drinking and its really light weight. and so cheap you can have a fresh one for each meal.
i started on puree but once he started mastering the above i looked into blw and never looked back

hes now having his milk in a cup for breakfast and feeds himself in the morning, and now using a spoon if ive loaded it for him.
then tried things like dried apricots, strawberries anything really that they can mush but it depends on how many teeth they have, mines had 2 from 4 months and has 6 now

im now at a stage where i chop everything and he picks and chews on everything, nappies are interesting!!

good luck lots of advice

i have a really good guide i found it breaks down menu plans portion size and how to prepare i found it invaluable and gives me ideas for variety

https://www.firststepsnutrition.org/pdfs/First Year of Life Practical Guide.pdf

Aw thanks! That guide seems really useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->