staining

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
i would like to apologise in advance if i am being dumb but i am new to this :)
we just had our first poo in a real nappy and it has stained quite badly - is this normal?
i shook the poo out and scraped as much off as i could into the toilet, then put it in a bowl of warm water and gave it a good scrub to get as much of the poo off as i really could then put in the washer with a pre wash and an extra rinse with just non-bio no softener or stain remover
however they are still badly stained :(
is this just the way it is? or am i missing something?

sorry if im being a numpty :/

Someone correct me if i am wrong but rubbing would only set the stain in... but no worries hun, just hang the nappy with the stain side up in the sunlight, i was sceptacle at first but it absolutely 100% works.

Is babas poo solid? i rinse our bf poo with the shower head on cold, i wouldnt scrub

I'm no expert on nappies.. but when the kids get stains on their clothes, i always soak in cold water for a couple of hours before washing, as warm/hot water sets the stain in.

clearly i know nothing about washing! eek!
it wasnt actually as bad as i thought only one of the liners is abit stained but i think that it will come out on another wash
thankyou ladies though for your help, save me ruining anything else!

To stop the staining in the first place I rinse with cold water using the shower. If they still come out stained, I put them in the sun if there is any or rub Vanish on them for the next wash and that usually does the trick :thumbup:

i just went to the line to show my mom after asking her and the stains have gone!
who would have thought it eh!

i was the same... i used sunshine with advice from girls here because even the vanish didnt work and the sunshine did, i couldnt beleive it!! and it isnt "bleaching" it because it works on colours without fading them too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->