Standing Up too Quickly

TTCfirstovr30

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone was experiencing sharp pains in lower right side abdomen (right by my hip bone) when you stand up too quickly?

I get these really sharp shooting pains on my side and didn't know if that was normal? Maybe it's round ligament pain, but thought I was past that phase? Could my ligaments still be stretching/growing at 16/17 weeks?

It couldn't be like baby/placenta detaching or anything like that? I may be overreacting but just wanted to hear some other opinions. Thanks! :)

Yes I get these too, worse if I've sat down too long. I put it down to stretching/growing and round ligament pain. In my last pregnancy I had these pains all the way through and for several weeks after.

Round ligament pain will be at it's peak during this point of pregnancy, I get shooting pain just from coughing/sneezing! It will ease off a bit as you get further along.

Oh, those darned stretching pains! Yes! Certainly! If I get up too fast, I hunch over and hold my lower right side and just sob. lol. Of course you can get them early. Actually, stretching pain was my first symptom with all of my pregnancies, although I didn't know what the heck was going on with me the first time. Sometimes, it feels like my top and bottom halves were like glued together, and I just ripped that glue apart by standing up. YOWCH!

Oh yeah, I get these a lot. Practically every time I stand up quickly or move too quick or sneeze. It's usually my left side, but the occasional right side zap will get me too. Sometimes the pain is bad enough I'm all hunched over waiting for it to pass.

Definitely sounds like round ligament pain to me. They can happen any time in pregnancy, especially when a growth spurt is happening. Very painful. I remember I used to get them a lot during my first pregnancy when I'd change positions in bed too quickly.

This pregnancy for some reason I haven't had them nearly as bad but probably because it's my second time and they have already been stretched to the max before.

I think you'd definitely know if it was the placenta detaching, so I wouldn't worry too much about that TTC :)

Thank you so much for all your thoughtful responses.

I seem to always think the worst so this forum has been great to rattle my crazy pregnancy brain off to all of you and get reassurances on all the new things I am feeling.

xoxo :)

Yup, totally get this. It's pretty painful huh? I've had it since quite early on, week 8 or so. It's become more frequent now though. I was working from home yesterday and sat in one position on my sofa for a good 3 hours and wow did it hurt to stand up! I had to sit back down again! Only took a minute to go away though! I get the same pain rolling over in bed and sneezing too!

I think that's key, if you get a bad pain and it continues to be that bad for longer than 5-10 minutes, maybe be a bit concerned! If you get a sudden pain that passes fairly quickly once you move about a bit, it's more likely than not just a pregnancy pain!

Yea, rolling over in bed, sneezing and getting out of my car also get added to my list.

I feel much better today, I guess the past two days maybe baby was going through a little growth spurt or something was growing to make room for my big baby. Already 3.0 oz and that was at 14+1. So nervous for a big baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->